Author Topic: Full length resizing  (Read 16293 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Full length resizing
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 06:47:22 PM »
Reading only makes it for the .40 which is the cal. mentioned earlier.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SpottHogg

• "Shoot it Clean"
  • Forum Member
  • Custom 686+
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Full length resizing
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »
The GRX die ( the push thru die by redding) is only available for the 40S&W. I believe the "GRX" title is an abreviation for "Glock prescription" for brass. In one of my many conversatioins with the guys at redding I asked if it was going to be released in other calibers? I was told they might if there are substantial requests for it. In reality the substantial webbing bulge is only common in 40, shot in and unsupported barrel. I have heard it can occur with 9mm in an unsupported barrel but not to the same extreme. I know Ive never had the problem to that extreme with any other straight wall pistol case. As someone else mentioned the EGW U-Die will  manage any slight case bulging you might find in all other straight pistol cases.
I also read reccomendations for the Lee factory crimp die. Though the Lee die will help feeding, it will not correct the case bulge in the web area. Furthermore it also will swage and resize bullets when used creating some accuracy issues due to varying bullet diameters. I would with out a doubt reccomend a U-Die, standard seater, and sepperate taper crimp die for maximum accuracy and reliability in your auto loaders. Thats why I and all the practical pistol shooters I know do it that way.
-SpottHogg  
NRA Member, USPSA, ICORE, Steel Challenge Competitor. Precision Reloader
 2010 CT State ICORE Championship Open Division Unclassified Champion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk