Author Topic: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????  (Read 32873 times)

BAC

Re: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2018, 01:31:37 AM »

PA060177.jpg
by Brian Chiaravalle, on Flickr

Still love that little Olympus camera!  It's small enough to not be noticed or confiscated at the gate, but good enough to take shots like this from the nose-bleed section of Heinz Field.  Daughter's out there with the band.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2018, 07:16:09 AM »
So Brian, did Canon come out with a "mirrorless" camera like the Nikon?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

BAC

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2018, 10:50:02 AM »
So Brian, did Canon come out with a "mirrorless" camera like the Nikon?

They just came out with the EOS R, which competes with the new Nikon Z series cameras, but they've had crop sensor (smaller than the size of a 35mm frame) mirrorless cameras for a few years now.  https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-interchangeable-lens-cameras?cm_sp=Category-_-EOSM_Top_Position2-_-Cameras_Cameras_cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-interchangeable-lens-camera#facet:-1510177105114114111114108101115115&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&pageSize:&

BAC

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2020, 08:55:45 PM »
Topic resurrection:

This is my current EDC (Every Day Camera):

Untitled
by Yeet Cannon, on Flickr

It is a Nikon One V3 I bought refurbished last year.  It hasn't been made for 4 or 5 years, but is a fantastic little camera.  It is a mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses.  Take the viewfinder off the top and the grip off the bottom and it's downright tiny.  It is fast, too!  There's a setting that allows it to take 60 pictures a second.

This is my barbecue camera:

Untitled

This is a Panasonic LX100.  Isn't it pretty?  I sold a bunch of cameras I haven't been using to get it.  Fixed lens and large sensor compact.

I recently got back into film photography, so I got one of these:

Untitled

This is an Olympus OM-4T.  One of the coolest 35mm cameras ever made!  The "T" is for "Titanium".  I also started developing black and white film again and scanning the negatives.  Film is expensive these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk