Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 770476 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #2160 on: July 05, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
Welcome, Dianne!

From what I've seen on the DRTV FB group, it looks like you guys produce some great products.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2161 on: July 05, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »
Welcome, Dianne!

From what I've seen on the DRTV FB group, it looks like you guys produce some great products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #2162 on: July 05, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »
W elcome to drtv

You never told me what your connection to C5 is.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2163 on: July 05, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »
W elcome to drtv

You never told me what your connection to C5 is.
I was a jet engine mechanic in the Air Force reserve on C-5 Galaxy aircraft. Mostly I did off-aircraft engine maintenance, including tear-downs and rebuilds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Timothy

« Reply #2164 on: July 05, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »
Welcome Diane!

As a fellow Vet, I thank you for your service and find the work you do now most interesting!

Don’t recall the AF motto but consider it posted!!!

LOL

Sponsor

« Reply #2165 on: Today at 08:19:43 PM »

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2165 on: July 05, 2018, 07:45:38 PM »
Hello from a fellow USAF veteran

“Aim High: Fly-Fight-Win"
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #2166 on: October 10, 2018, 10:32:28 PM »
I've been listening to the podcast for quite a while. Michael's funny, witty and has "interesting" musical tastes, though it's a mix of "huh?" and some really great stuff: he introduced me to the works of Leonard Cohen. Wow. He used "The Future" as a bumper for a podcast, and that song blew me away. Amazing.

I'm a Navy vet, live in Texas, and I teach. Thankfully we now have concealed carry where I teach, so I won't have to use a Cold Steel shovel again to help a sketchy dude decide to leave me alone.

Just got into ARs again after a long absence. I love the idea of building my own. I've built two so far: both pistols. A pic of the second one is attached. And by the way, it runs like a sewing machine. Great AR pistol, and I have no complaints about the "AR Stoner" 9mm stick mags.

And one more thing: Michael's 100% right that the other side is "chumming for monsters." His 10/10/2018 podcast has a lot of good advice in it. Thank you, Michael!

All my best,
Dirty Bob
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2167 on: October 11, 2018, 12:30:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service from a fellow Vet.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #2168 on: October 11, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »
Welcome to the group, Dirty Bob.....and very nice AR.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #2169 on: October 12, 2018, 08:57:40 PM »
Thank you Majer and PegLeg!

Re ARs: I'm thinking of the purchase of a Law Tactical hinge for one of mine, so that the buffer tube can hinge and reduce the length. I'd then be able to carry an AR as a concealed handgun, though I think it would be primarily while travelling. Thanks again! It's good to be here!

Regards,
Dirty Bob
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk