Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 772590 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 889
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #1640 on: December 05, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »
Welcome Toad!

As a side note - There are only a few things around here that will make our hair stand on end.  The easiest thing to remember is not to change your name to TAB or FQ, don't argue with Mr. Bogan, have fun but control yourself when in Mr. Pincus' toy room (seriously dude ... that guy could kill you with this one finger), remember that we are not PC (ok to say the pledge, pray, and we wish Merry Christmas), and feel free to throw the word "clip" around ... a lot  ;D

Oh yea, don't feel insulted if mommy tells you to "hang it in your ass."  That is just her way of saying "I love you."
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #1641 on: December 05, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »
Welcome Toad!

As a side note - There are only a few things around here that will make our hair stand on end.  The easiest thing to remember is not to change your name to TAB or FQ, don't argue with Mr. Bogan, have fun but control yourself when in Mr. Pincus' toy room (seriously dude ... that guy could kill you with this one finger), remember that we are not PC (ok to say the pledge, pray, and we wish Merry Christmas), and feel free to throw the word "clip" around ... a lot  ;D

Oh yea, don't feel insulted if mommy tells you to "hang it in your ass."  That is just her way of saying "I love you."

Oh come on, debate is healthy   ;D
I'm not THAT bad, am I ?   ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #1642 on: December 05, 2009, 01:47:48 PM »
Oh come on, debate is healthy   ;D
I'm not THAT bad, am I ?   ;D

As long as you leave your ropes at home, no.            ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

WIshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1643 on: December 06, 2009, 01:49:41 AM »
Hello all.  I'm Adam from Wisconsin.  I live in the middle of a big swamp on the south shore of the big lake.  They won't deliver pizza here, but at least I can shoot in the back yard.  Govenor Doyle(aka @$$ clown) is not seeking re election so mabey we will get concealed carry here some day.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1644 on: December 06, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »
Hello all.  I'm Adam from Wisconsin.  I live in the middle of a big swamp on the south shore of the big lake.  They won't deliver pizza here, but at least I can shoot in the back yard.  Govenor Doyle(aka @$$ clown) is not seeking re election so mabey we will get concealed carry here some day.

Welcome, WIshooter..............and good luck at election time......maybe your state won't end up with ass-clown 2.0.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #1645 on: Today at 04:40:33 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1645 on: December 06, 2009, 07:19:38 PM »
Hello Adam, I guess it's a frozen swamp this time of year for you in WI. I spent a lot of time in Oconto, and Pulaski in the marine manufacturing world. Glad your here. The beauty of shooting in your back yard outweighs pizza by a mile.

Jump in with both feet, post often, and ask anything. We're batting a thousand in the "stumped" category. Great resources here with a heap of humor and sarcasm to go along with it.

It kinda keeps us off the streets and out of trouble...sort of.,.. :-X

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #1646 on: December 06, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
Off the streets anyway  ;D

shingman3682

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #1647 on: December 06, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »
Hello   I,m from Central SC and have been listening to Down Range Radio for a while now and have enjoyed it. I have always been interested in guns even though I was not brought up with them. From about when I got into my teens I started to hunt and got interested in them. The funny thing about this is nobody ever introduced me to them ,so I learned about them on my on. I am in no way an expert but I do think I know something about them. { Bare essentials} Any how I,m 57 years old now and I still have the fever. I am hoping to learn much more from this site and am looking forward to meeting good friends here! Thanks!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #1648 on: December 06, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »
Welcome aboard, Shingman. This is one of the coolest, most interesting sites you will find. And yes, MB (Micael Bane) runs through everything we write and adds his perspective fairly often - when he isn't whining about the weather around his secret hidden bunker!  ;D

Stop by the new member's thread (http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=19.0) and introduce yourself properly.

FWIW, other than some years in a gun club as a clueless kid, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - self taught. Don't be afraid to ask your questions.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1649 on: December 06, 2009, 10:28:09 PM »
Welcome, Shingman.......... 

To add to what Pathfinder said, many of the folks on here are probably closer to being 'self-taught' when it comes to firearms related stuff. I think that is why so many of the folks on here can pass on solid info because they learned it by doing it.
My dad and uncle were not into guns and hunting (fortunately they weren't against them either) but I had a few select influences off and on that (thankfully) came at the right times in my life concerning guns and such.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the group.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk