Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 772584 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #2000 on: September 14, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »
Thank You and Welcome to DRTV.  Glad you all jumped in.  Little known secret at DRTV, it's  a great bunch of folks who enjoy everything firearms related, with an amazing resource of knowledge and real world practicality.

We kick around politics and such, and also learn from each other on gun specifics, range testing, gear, accessories, and personal experiences. If you have a question, opinion, viewpoint,....put it up ,....unlike other forums, no one is bashed for preferring a 9mm over a .45. (Although the Glock Kool-Aid is served on occasion)... ::)

DRTV also has an extensive collection of good music, and our Kalifornia and Palm Beach County members that keep things interesting.

Thanks again for signing up, we're very glad your here.

tw

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Hammer52

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2001 on: September 18, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »
Welcome, Hammer52.

Spent some time in Germany in Wurzburg, but that was back in the mid 60's and everything has probably changed by now.  I bet the even serve cold beer by now?

Take care.
Solus,
Yes, Germany is MUCH changed since your days here...the beer is cool though not ice cold, you can get ice for a soda (one or two cubes if you ask nicely), and most of the bases/post you knew are gone.  Wurzburg is no longer a US post and Wiesbaden is not the USAF but US Army.  But still no one wants to go to Graffenwoehr or Hohenfels (except to hunt).
Enjoy...

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2002 on: September 18, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
Solus,
Yes, Germany is MUCH changed since your days here...the beer is cool though not ice cold, you can get ice for a soda (one or two cubes if you ask nicely), and most of the bases/post you knew are gone.  Wurzburg is no longer a US post and Wiesbaden is not the USAF but US Army.  But still no one wants to go to Graffenwoehr or Hohenfels (except to hunt).
Enjoy...

Change is slow.  We did exercises at Graff...never made it to Hohenfels. 

Used to love Bender Beir, Marzen brew.  Was made is a small town named Arnstein ....but I think the brewery is gone now....after all the marks I had invested too..

Take care and enjoy the food and beir.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

larry5081

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2003 on: October 28, 2011, 05:49:54 AM »
New from Texas. Been into shooting and shooting sports for more years than I care to think about. Looking forward though to glean new information and re-enforce old.
Do things as if your life depends on it.  IT COULD

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2004 on: October 28, 2011, 06:37:27 AM »
You found a great group of knowledgeable and opinionated folk.  Welcome aboard, and don't be shy about posting.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #2005 on: Today at 02:52:55 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2005 on: October 28, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »
You found a great group of knowledgeable and opinionated folk.  Welcome aboard, and don't be shy about posting.

Crusader Rabbit

Why Crusadah, whatevah do you mean??   ;)   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Welcome Larry, glad to have you here.   :D  :D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2006 on: October 28, 2011, 12:44:32 PM »
Welcome aboard, Larry.   :D :D

As Crusader said, there are opinions here.

As I'm sure you have heard, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one...the bad thing about that is that everyone has more than one opinion  ;D ;D

Take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2007 on: November 03, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
new old guy... Les Snyder  New Port Richey, Fla....primarily USPSA (L747) and 3 gun

Timothy

« Reply #2008 on: November 03, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »
Welcome aboard Les!

Enjoy the triple A's

Antics
Arguments
Appreciation
and
Apologies...

OK, that's four but, though it can get a bit out of hand on occasion, we're all of the same mind for the most part..

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2009 on: November 03, 2011, 06:14:41 PM »
Welcome aboard Les!

Enjoy the triple A's

Antics
Arguments
Appreciation
and
Apologies...

OK, that's four but, though it can get a bit out of hand on occasion, we're all of the same mind for the most part..

Usually at least 50% of the "A's" at any given time.  ;)   ;D

Welcome to the show, Les.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk