Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 772005 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #2030 on: January 14, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
Yeah.. I know about him.. That sorry bastard left his legacy too.. Anti is the worst kinda way..
If I can put this in a nutshell...
My wife of 17 years passed on Dec.13th 08. She spend her last three days in a nursing home because an ice storm hit and I hadn't had sleep in weeks.. I couldn't trust my judgement. I was so tired.. I asked to take a shower on the 12th because it had been a while. I (legally) carry concealed. I told the nurse not to panic if someone came in the shower area and saw a weapon and that I was a good guy.. (My first mistake).. Maine law said I hadn't done anything wrong, btw..The police were called.. I was made to leave and not come back armed.. It took four hours to get back.. When I git back, the charge nurse made me knock for 45 minutes before she would let me in.. She then told me she didn't have to let me in at all and forced me into a lecture, in which I did not back down, for another hour before she let me go see my wife. She was gone about 20 hours later..
Yeah, Portland is a bit like a 20 year old girl.. She's beautiful till she opens her mouth..
Chitwood went back to Philly just before this episode but his mark had been firmly burned on the minds of the sheeple, (by the sheeple, for the sheeple)....

Grrrr...

Gosh, that's terrible.  I'm sorry that you lost your wife.  We were fortunate that my wife returned from the abyss.  I can't imagine your tragedy. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

cmrothenb

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2031 on: January 14, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »
joined a while back but haven't posted until asking a question in pistols the other day.  Someone mentioned to add an intro here.  .  I guess I'm what Mr Bane calls a 2.0'er.  Raised in a very liberal gun hating family.  And I do mean Brady/Bloomberg style. This apple rolled far from the tree thank God.    Got my 1st 22 (10/22) about 10 years ago when at Bass Pro when there with a LEO friend visiting from FL  (I'm in Forsyth County Ga).  Never shot it until '09. lol   Went to the local Range (Bulls Eye) and too a quick pistol class in '09.  Then picked up an SR9 (at range shooting that was the 1st time I also shot aforementioned 10/22 :) .   Then got the bug, and picked up in order..  Got my Ga CCL, an M1 Garand from CMP, then a LCP,  picked up a CMP 1903A3, Mosin-Nagant.  Now looking for an Outdoor range in the area to play with the new Rifles...   I like to travel really light, so the LCP is my EDC these days.  I use a mixture of Critical Defense and Hydro-Shock with the LCP when carrying..

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2032 on: January 15, 2012, 05:52:10 AM »
joined a while back but haven't posted until asking a question in pistols the other day.  Someone mentioned to add an intro here.  .  I guess I'm what Mr Bane calls a 2.0'er.  Raised in a very liberal gun hating family.  And I do mean Brady/Bloomberg style. This apple rolled far from the tree thank God.    Got my 1st 22 (10/22) about 10 years ago when at Bass Pro when there with a LEO friend visiting from FL  (I'm in Forsyth County Ga).  Never shot it until '09. lol   Went to the local Range (Bulls Eye) and too a quick pistol class in '09.  Then picked up an SR9 (at range shooting that was the 1st time I also shot aforementioned 10/22 :) .   Then got the bug, and picked up in order..  Got my Ga CCL, an M1 Garand from CMP, then a LCP,  picked up a CMP 1903A3, Mosin-Nagant.  Now looking for an Outdoor range in the area to play with the new Rifles...   I like to travel really light, so the LCP is my EDC these days.  I use a mixture of Critical Defense and Hydro-Shock with the LCP when carrying..

Welcome, we're glad you're here.  You know what they say, "You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family."  I think you've come to the right place to find some new friends.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2033 on: January 16, 2012, 08:27:35 AM »
Gosh, that's terrible.  I'm sorry that you lost your wife.  We were fortunate that my wife returned from the abyss.  I can't imagine your tragedy. 
Yeah, it left a mark.. Mine came back, well, the Lord gave me a little longer, the first time in 05. At least we thought we made it.. They took out a tumor from her right breast in the summer of 05. We were told at the beginning of that process that if it were disturbed at all that any cells that got away could/would get caught somewhere else and grow again.. I told the Dr to take the whole thing. My wife looked at me like I told her to take her head or something.. I wanted her, not her breast.. I told her I was a leg man, which I am. Tried not to lose a sense of humor through that.. Well, it got disturbed.. It was technically "Breast Cancer" that had metastasized and showed up in her Coccyx Spine (tail bone), right hip, C-Spine and her brain.. That meant bone cancer, which is the most painful place, I'm told, and she lost her mind.. Bubba, my whole world revolved around her.. They took a divet out of her head the size of a softball. The big tumor was too big to take it all. They got about 80% of it. There were 5 more small ones lower in her brain that they didn't see before they went in, but it didn't matter.. She was gone in 10 weeks. Of all the honorable things I've been blessed to do in life, taking care of her was far and away, the most, and hardest.. It was just us, too.. The pharmacist brought the drugs and a Nurse came by twice a week for a half an hour. The kids didn't show up.. My wife didn't want them to see her like that, and they didn't want to remember her like that. I don't blame the kids.. It was hard. When I broke, though, they didn't cut me much  slack.. Once she was gone, I freaked.. I never did get over it, per se.. I kinda went around it, but I was still crying at the beginning of this year, pretty regularly.. I lost all of 09.. I remember things that happened but... It left a mark..
Enjoy the friendship with her. That's the part that gets you through the days when it's hard.
I can't not ramble talking about it, it seems.. Sorry.. We were so blessed..
Anyway.. Thank you..
(I can't imagine it either, and it is an abyss all its own..)
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Fiveofclubs

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2034 on: January 16, 2012, 09:16:54 AM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Michael (often FiveofClubs online).  I'm from Valley Forge PA.  Grew up as the son of Bullseye shooter and until 4 or 5 years ago didn't consider there was really any other way to shoot.  Now I'm getting into IDPA, USPSA, 3-gun, and zombie shoots (yes I said the z-word).

Loving the downrange podcast, and the new season of shows!
Michael
Five of Clubs
Bullseye, Reloading, IDPA, zombies

Sponsor

« Reply #2035 on: Today at 07:29:57 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2035 on: January 16, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »

Welcome to another fellow Georgia member, glad to have you.
You may want to PM another member, AlfSauve about range info in your area.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2036 on: January 16, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
Yeah, it left a mark.. Mine came back, well, the Lord gave me a little longer, the first time in 05. At least we thought we made it.. They took out a tumor from her right breast in the summer of 05. We were told at the beginning of that process that if it were disturbed at all that any cells that got away could/would get caught somewhere else and grow again.. I told the Dr to take the whole thing. My wife looked at me like I told her to take her head or something.. I wanted her, not her breast.. I told her I was a leg man, which I am. Tried not to lose a sense of humor through that.. Well, it got disturbed.. It was technically "Breast Cancer" that had metastasized and showed up in her Coccyx Spine (tail bone), right hip, C-Spine and her brain.. That meant bone cancer, which is the most painful place, I'm told, and she lost her mind.. Bubba, my whole world revolved around her.. They took a divet out of her head the size of a softball. The big tumor was too big to take it all. They got about 80% of it. There were 5 more small ones lower in her brain that they didn't see before they went in, but it didn't matter.. She was gone in 10 weeks. Of all the honorable things I've been blessed to do in life, taking care of her was far and away, the most, and hardest.. It was just us, too.. The pharmacist brought the drugs and a Nurse came by twice a week for a half an hour. The kids didn't show up.. My wife didn't want them to see her like that, and they didn't want to remember her like that. I don't blame the kids.. It was hard. When I broke, though, they didn't cut me much  slack.. Once she was gone, I freaked.. I never did get over it, per se.. I kinda went around it, but I was still crying at the beginning of this year, pretty regularly.. I lost all of 09.. I remember things that happened but... It left a mark..
Enjoy the friendship with her. That's the part that gets you through the days when it's hard.
Anyway.. Thank you..

My heart and prayers go out to you......
The Great Physician spared me your pain when my wife went through a bout with cancer in 2009/2010, so I can not say that I know exactly what you have been going through....but this place was a place of comfort for me personally when we were going through her treatment process....and these folks on here have grown to be a great family to me.
I hope you find that as well.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2037 on: January 16, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Michael (often FiveofClubs online).  I'm from Valley Forge PA.  Grew up as the son of Bullseye shooter and until 4 or 5 years ago didn't consider there was really any other way to shoot.  Now I'm getting into IDPA, USPSA, 3-gun, and zombie shoots (yes I said the z-word).

Loving the downrange podcast, and the new season of shows!

Welcome, Michael (5oC)....good luck with the new 'wide world of shooting' that you mentioned discovering. There are members on here involved with just about any form of shooting out there.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2038 on: January 16, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
Anyway.. Thank you..

The price you paid is the measure of how great the love you shared is....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

JovanS

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2039 on: January 16, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
Hello All!

Well after spending so much time cruising these forums... I've finally decided to join in on the quaker bashing! j/k  ;D. I've been frequenting these forums since I came across the first season of TBD: S. Don't ask why I took so long to join, I just don't care much to get into "virtual" arguments with people hiding behind screen names. Of course, after spending so much time one the sidelines, it's easy to see that DRTV is quite a bit different from the rest of the forums. So here I am...

Jovan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk