Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 772603 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #890 on: January 28, 2009, 08:13:38 PM »
I was locked in the basement and fed pancakes under the door, so I fit right in. I hope the rest of you guys do too.  :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #891 on: January 28, 2009, 10:45:03 PM »
 Only flapjacks ? no flounder ? they fit under too.  ;D

Ironhawk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #892 on: January 29, 2009, 01:04:26 AM »
At least jumbofrank got flapjacks...I only got crepes.. :'(
“No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."   - Thomas Jefferson -

WaffenAlaskan

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #893 on: January 29, 2009, 02:54:35 AM »
Hello from Alaska! No, I can't see Russia from my backporch. I do watch the Outdoor channel on Wednesdays! Larry potterfield has some great tips! The Best Defense has my wife's attention also. So it is a family night when it's -30 degrees out during the mid winter.  This is a great site and I am happy to be part of it. WaffenAlaskan

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #894 on: January 29, 2009, 04:12:11 AM »
Hello from Alaska! No, I can't see Russia from my backporch. I do watch the Outdoor channel on Wednesdays! Larry potterfield has some great tips! The Best Defense has my wife's attention also. So it is a family night when it's -30 degrees out during the mid winter.  This is a great site and I am happy to be part of it. WaffenAlaskan

Welcome WaffenAlaskan!! You have found a great site and even better people!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Sponsor

« Reply #895 on: Today at 07:28:41 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #895 on: January 29, 2009, 06:02:21 AM »
Welcome Waffen... -30 brings a somewhat new perspective!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #896 on: January 29, 2009, 06:27:26 AM »
Welcome Waffen... -30 brings a somewhat new perspective!

Waffen, welcome aboard.

Jay, no new perspective to us in ND, it's been that cold lately here although it is warming up slightly now.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #897 on: January 29, 2009, 08:46:12 AM »
-30?  Man, we haven't seen the positive side of thirty here in about a week (and that was early morning, before sunrise).  I was going to put up some pics from a fishing trip a week ago but that would just be bragging ;D
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Ironhawk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #898 on: January 29, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
From one downrange newbie to another, Welcome WaffenAlaskan!!
“No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."   - Thomas Jefferson -

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1060
« Reply #899 on: January 29, 2009, 02:12:10 PM »
Welcome to Highlander and WaffenAlaskan.

It's a hoot here.

8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk