Author Topic: Finally got another P90  (Read 3647 times)

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally got another P90
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
I thought you meant one of these

and I was in the middle of adding you to the dreaded "Most Hated" list here when I read the post.

Guys, maybe add the brand name to the post's title to avoid future rage and regret. k? ? ? ?    ;)

Congrats on the Ruger!

The Ruger P90 was out waaaaay before that thing!  Thanks for all the nice comments.  I have not got to shoot it much, just a couple mags full before work one morning (I work at a range), but it shoots pretty dang good from my limited time with it so far.
Life Member of the NRA

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
Well, I meant to take pictures of my targets, I even took my camera, then forgot to take pics! Anyway, I shot the P90 and Single SIx today, and am very happy with them both. The P90 has some issues with my lead reloads, but it is the ammo, not the gun. We where out of 230 LRN bullets for a long time awhile back, so I tried some 200 grain bullets. Instead of round on the end, they are flat. BUT, I don't think that is the issue. They seem to be sized a tad large. I have had problems with these out of my Colt too. What they do is not want to let the slide go fully into battery. I just I push on the rear of the slide. No, it don't do it everytime, but enough to annoy the hell out of me. Funny, you hear all the "experts" talk about small 1911s being unreliable. My Kimber Ultra Carry is the only gun of my 3 .45s that digest these things with zero problems! But, I am rambling, aint I? Anyway, the P90 ate up my HP reloads like crazy. And, at 15 yards there was one big ragged hole. I have yet to shoot one of these guns that was not dead nuts accurate. I can shoot it better than either of my 1911s, I am somewhat ashamed to say. And that is even shooting the first shot double action. In fact, I really LIKE the DA pull on this gun. MUCH, MUCH better than my P95. Only complaint I have on my P95 is that first shot DA pull. Shot the P90 first then pulled out the Single Six. Took me a minute to get used to almost zero recoi. This gun shot right where I wanted it to, every time, with both .22 LR, and switching cylinders, to .22 Mag. Anyway, I shot about 200 rounds or more through the P95, and 100 rounds through the Single Six this morning. Now I gotta clean em. As I said, I am very happy with both guns.
Life Member of the NRA

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »
A Lee full length carbide crimp die will most likely take care of that problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk