Poll

The small frame snubnose is a popular gun for CCW, do you carry extra ammo?

One cylinder only, no extra.
One or more speedstrips.
In belt loops.
In dump pouches.
One or more speedloaders.
Loose rounds in pocket.
Another loaded gun.

Author Topic: Extra Ammo for your Carry Snubbie?  (Read 6092 times)

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Extra Ammo for your Carry Snubbie?
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »
I remember some one( some gun writer... no I don't remember who) once said.   If you didn't fix the prob with the 1st 5, your not going to fix it with the next 5 or something to that effect.   if I was going to carry a reload, it would be in a speed loader, from a pouch.

That sounds like Walt Rauch, one of Michael's buddies.  That might be true if you face only one opponent.  Maybe

Not being psychic, I don't know how many rounds I will need, so I prepare for the worst and assume more than one guy trying to punch my ticket.  I carry a snubby every day at work as a backup gun, and have one speed strip reload for it. (Two spare magazines for my primary.)  On those occassions when the snubby is the only gun I'm carrying, I carry two reloads. 

Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
Re: Extra Ammo for your Carry Snubbie?
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 08:10:42 AM »
I believe it was Walt Rauch and he said it on Shooting Gallery . Walt was the man that opened my eyes to the snubby before I saw that show on Shooting Gallery I wouldn't dream of carrying a snubby. I thought snubbies were useless as tits on a boar hog but after listening to what Walt had to say it made sense and now I am a snubby fan.

You are right.  Walt is the man.  Can't wait to see what knowledge he will impart to us in Best Defense.

I voted for no extra ammo. 

Great poll, by the way. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk