Author Topic: You Tube Star "FPS Russia" Home & Office Raided.  (Read 13833 times)

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You Tube Star "FPS Russia" Home & Office Raided.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »
There is something missing from the reports re FPS Russia. Why 40 agents? I know they wasnt overpowering force to avoid a poor decision by a "perp" to fight back but this is make no sense if their scenario was in any way fact based.

What I mean is you rin a room with other agency managers deciding on this raid and you all lay out the rationale for the visit and you end up agreeing to send 40 SWAT team guys. The "facts" on the table were not just that we have you tube celebrity that has a video show where he blows things up while he stands too close and we think he might not be following all the recordkeeping rules for explosives use. That gets you to a 2 man knock and talk scenario or at worst a 10 man front and back door visit.

Paying for 40 guys for 1-2 days of prep, entry, debrief makes no sense with those facts. So what "facts" do they have that led them to make this "risk adverse" decision? Maybe they think he is really a russian spy!

I do know that government E/R teams love to drill and I could see them saying use this raid "as a drill" but that is nonsense and they would have to admit that at some point. Seems unlikely.

They had a goal here that is hidden. Getting a free warrantless search for the murder investigation seems possible. Some BS political statement for a ladder climbing careerist seems more likely. In any event excessive and ill considered misuse of government force. Somehow no matter how much history I have read, I never really thought we would get to this level of govt control in my lifetime. Sad time ahead.

I remember talking to my ultra lib BIL when the swat team broke into the house and snatched Illa Gonzales (SP?) from his grandparents. He was so happy that his government was "not taking any shit" from those extremists. When I pointed out that the government went in and stole a child from his grandparents over a legal dispute  where no violence was ever threatened and that we had just crossed a significant line in our social acceptance for this he got real quiet. Funny how there were no ex-hippy protests over that one.
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2013, 03:06:35 PM »
The kids name was "Elian", there was a front page photo of him in many papers looking terrified while a "heroic" anonymous ninja stuck an MP 5 in his face.
He was 5 years old.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »
The kids name was "Elian", there was a front page photo of him in many papers looking terrified while a "heroic" anonymous ninja stuck an MP 5 in his face.
He was 5 years old.

I remember when that happened, some ninja being interviewed on the news said that was "normal operating procedure".  ::)

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »
I remember when that happened, some ninja being interviewed on the news said that was "normal operating procedure".  ::)

That sounds reasonable.
Those extremist 5 year olds can be real little bas*ards when they put their minds to it.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 06:54:11 PM »
There is something missing from the reports re FPS Russia. Why 40 agents? I know they wasnt overpowering force to avoid a poor decision by a "perp" to fight back but this is make no sense if their scenario was in any way fact based.

I agree.

He was not threatening anyone.

Just trying to make cool fun vids on YouTube. For people to see cool guns

I guess the numbers were so the batf can justify there budget and ask for even more cash.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:12:47 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
I agree.

He was not threatening anyone.

Just trying to make cool fun vids on YouTube. For people to see cool guns

I guess the numbers were so the batf can justify there budget and ask for even more cash.

That's why they murdered the Branch Davidians.

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »
I remember reading at the time of Waco that the local sheriff was quoted as saying if they had let him he would have called  Korresh and had him come into town to meet with the feds. They refused to consider it and were determined to make an example of him in the media. In fact the compound was warned by locals who saw all the media trucks in town and got the story of why they were there prior to the raid.

I have been dealing with environmental regulators for 20 years and it is always true that the more local the agency the more human the inspectors are. The Fed EPA inspectors in my experience are usually arrogant and chip on the shoulder stiff. Determined to show me who is the boss. The attitudes soften as you go from state to county to city inspectors. As a pro I treat them all the same and work to make them welcome and the inspection easy and boring. This often just seems to make the feds more suspicious.

My theory is that the assholes get weeded out in a smaller agency where everyone knows each other. The locals also know that if there is an emergency they may have to come back and help me so getting a relationship is the right thing to do.

“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Any body notice that TAB shut right up when I asked him about the original charges that sparked the raid ?
There were none.
ATF told the State of Texas the Davidians were involved with drugs because it was the only way they could get the NG Helicopters.
They told the media it was over child abuse.
ATF has no jurisdiction over either one.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »
Was there any coverage on this by the lame stream media?  The "powers that are" may have had cameras on it hoping a few agents got killed so they could use it in the gun control debate.  If that's true, I wonder how it would feel to be an agent to know you life's purpose was perverted to advance some liberal slime's agenda.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
Any body notice that TAB shut right up when I asked him about the original charges that sparked the raid ?
There were none.
ATF told the State of Texas the Davidians were involved with drugs because it was the only way they could get the NG Helicopters.
They told the media it was over child abuse.
ATF has no jurisdiction over either one.

That's what they told Reno.  Like I mentioned earlier when negotiations stalled, Reno ordered the raid to go ahead to protect the children.  It's always for the children.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk