Author Topic: Calling all suburban snipers  (Read 16066 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Calling all suburban snipers
« on: September 17, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »
Yes, I put this thread in the "Tactical Rifle & Carbine" section.  ;D

Well, if you are anything like me, you love doing your part to help control the squirrel population in your local subdivision. So I thought I would start a thread about this very subject......

So feel free to share:
*Pics of your tricked out pellet guns and other "suburban sniper gear"
*Strategies about "squirrel control tactics"
*Any other varmints you have "kept the neighborhood safe from"
*Or anything else you might feel worthy of this thread

Because its kill or be killed!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

wisconsin

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA member
  • Liked:
Re: Calling all suburban snipers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:53:29 PM »
LOL. Now I have to go change my shorts  :o
" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."   John Wayne

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
I $@!*! The squirrels are taking revenge on my dog!!! :o
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:07:32 PM »
I talked to a guy who said there are lots of yellow squirrels in this neighborhood. He uses paintballs.  :)  The police have already threatened to take action against me if I ever take my paintball marker outside. They say shooting a gun in the city is against the law. They're too stupid to know the state law says it not a gun. When I informed them, they didn't care because their uninformed opinion is the truth and the law as they see it. I hate cops, except for a couple on the forum. The rest seem to be even more ignorant than the general population.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »
I talked to a guy who said there are lots of yellow squirrels in this neighborhood. He uses paintballs.  :)  The police have already threatened to take action against me if I ever take my paintball marker outside. They say shooting a gun in the city is against the law. They're too stupid to know the state law says it not a gun. When I informed them, they didn't care because their uninformed opinion is the truth and the law as they see it. I hate cops, except for a couple on the forum. The rest seem to be even more ignorant than the general population.

Paintball.............. Fun, but too loud. Besides, I sold all my paintball gear last year because I had not played in about 3 years.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:19:06 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »
Had the cute little creatures in the house!  Didn't do too much damage.  Got a live trap and at last count had transplanted 12 to new homes several miles from mine.  Would have shot them but I don't think my wife would have liked holes in everything (would have had to use a .22 - no pellet gun)!!!!!!!!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 06:41:51 PM »
Place I used to live there was a nest of them inside the wall of my bedroom. I had no nearby neighbors so I pulled the door casing off and fired a shotgun in there. They were not a problem after that.  ;D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »
Place I used to live there was a nest of them inside the wall of my bedroom. I had no nearby neighbors so I pulled the door casing off and fired a shotgun in there. They were not a problem after that.  ;D

LMAO!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 02:06:34 AM »
ROTF  ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 07:56:49 AM »

jumbofrank,

The best way to deal with this is to photocopy the law and have several copys available.  When a officer turned lawyer challeges you, politely but firmly show him the law.  Cooperate, but be firm.  You may even wish to contact the commanding officer with your complaint.  Most officers will relize the error of their ways, and the ones that don't are the donkeyholes you suspect they are.
I lived in a relatively small town where the actual law was being ignored for various officer interpretation.  When, as a group my friends and I challeged (politely again) the status quo the matter was rectified.  It cost a friend an hour or so in jail, but the resulting rebuke of the officer from the judge was classic. 

Ultimately, it is the measure of your willingness to challege the uniformed uninformed with something as silly as the above.  If you wish to take the steps, you can change climate in your neck of the woods so you can paint up a couple of offending squirrels.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk