Author Topic: More Government Incompentence, Failure, and Crime in NYC  (Read 645 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
More Government Incompentence, Failure, and Crime in NYC
« on: March 24, 2024, 08:33:50 PM »
It Begins… Entire NYC Mall Closes Over Theft. I'm  sure this surprises no one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRiHBs62jfE
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
Re: More Government Incompentence, Failure, and Crime in NYC
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 08:24:37 AM »
And after the people of that area will raise hell on why they no longer have access to those resources!!!!~
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 11:24:13 AM »
And they'll re-elect the same people who created that situation. Again.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 05:40:06 PM »
When government doesn't work the answer is, of course, more government.  And it just makes sense that the people who got us in the bad situation would have the best first hand knowledge to get us out.  <removing tongue from cheek>

As I reminded my county commish, just because you have the power to make more restrictive laws doesn't mean that's always the answer  (nail-hammer thing)
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 04:50:28 PM »
NYC is a sanctuary city that provides lodging to anyone, from anywhere in the world no matter what, for free, even though it's costing them billions of dollars more than they have.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:15:51 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 10:31:25 AM »
It isn't just government. Our governmental response reflects the opinions and demands of a large portion of the population. Children who were given participation awards, given into when they begged, and never faced consequences for their actions.

I watch videos from time to time of shoplifters being confronted and people in police chases. The vast majority of the commenters on these videos condemn the worker or officer for enforcing rules and laws. They whine about the possibility of the criminal or bystanders being harmed. Very few support those attempting to enforce the rules of living in a civil society.

I was sent a video yesterday of a father who had told his daughter that she was to clean her bedroom. He entered the bedroom to find her playing a video game on a large tv mounted on her wall. He said "I told you to clean your room." She responded "I told you I was playing video games!" He looked around at the mess, picked up a guitar from the floor, and he broke the screen on the tv. I was amazed at the number of people condemning the father for his actions, and many even said that "his temper tantrum" not only harmed the relationship, but it cost him the dollars to buy her a new tv.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 05:08:43 PM »
For two years running we've had "mobs" on opening night at 6 Flags.  An expert (some type of behavioral scientist) said the primary thing lacking was "modeling".  These kids grew up without two involved, strong, rule enforcing parents.  Typically one is absent and the other makes only a feeble attempt at discipline.   I used to say we have a generation raised this way, but from the above anecdotes I'm thinking it's two generations. 

And I don't think there's a way to reverse this trend, which is why this country is in a downward, death spiral.

Side note:  (My Hammer-Nail speech).  The demands of the population that government "fix" all the problems will result in merely more and more regulations with less and less freedom, because it is the only way government knows to fix things.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2024, 04:03:27 PM »
It used to be that people needed some kind of excuse before mass looting started, i.e., someone else was done an injustice, therefore, I deserve a new flat-screen TV. ???  Now there are apparently several big cities where people swarm into stores and take whatever they want, whenever they want. And when it's just a plain old shoplifting, store security personnel aren't allowed to detain anyone. All they can do is watch them leave and tell them not to come back again. I'm sure that works, all the time.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2024, 08:01:56 AM »
I remember one of the riots in California, I think it was the Rodney riots, there was a Korean pawn shop at which all the employees armed themselves with long guns and manned the roof. They had very minimal trouble once the "Protesters: realized they just might get themselves DEAD.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2024, 08:41:33 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk