Author Topic: The Battery Thread.  (Read 3425 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Re: The Battery Thread.
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2024, 06:38:08 PM »
The second light I got is a Diffuse 700 Lumens EDC Pocket Flashlight with 5 brightness levels and a strobe mode, plus 3-Color Battery Notice glowing ring around the power button. I put a 14500 3.7 volt battery in it and lost all 6 modes except what looked like high and it strobed on high instead of turbo. So I put the Olight 2.4 volt Li-ion battery back in and it has all 5 levels from 700 lumen turbo when you double tap the power button, down to 1 lumen, and 700 lumen strobe when you triple tap it. OD Green is a brand new color for the "lipstick size" flashlight. The pentagonal design is really nice and it won't roll off a desk or other surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280UaUHjd0M
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2024, 07:01:38 PM »
I got a free i3E EOS Keychain Flashlight. It was another Black Lava color. I was hoping to get a Vibrant Orange color since I don't have one of those, and I already have the other 3. The Baton 3 Pros both came with an L-Stand made of magnetic stainless steel and backed with strong adhesive tape. I stuck one on each bed post at the head of the bed and have my desert tan light stuck to one of them and the Roadster edition is my EDC. I don't think I ever posted it, but I have an Obuddy Astro Red for my Obulb. It has a magnetic charger on it so I can charge the Obulb while it's standing in the Obuddy. The Obulb came with 2 little googly eyes. I stuck them both on but one fell off, so now it's a cyclops. My Obulb MC is red, so it's a good match to my Obuddy. The Obulbs float, so you have "dsco lights" in the bathtub if that's what floats your boat, some pun intended. I have an Osling for it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGw-iXenHNE
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2024, 07:10:25 PM »
I also have an Olink and Ohook Magnetic Hook for my Obulb and Baton 3 Pro flashlights. I can hook the Olink onto a strap on the front of my backpack if I want to and have it ready to grab in an instant. Or stick it on a belt loop if the clip breaks and I don't have my holster for it. And hang the Obulb in my tent from the hook if I want to. Lots of possibilities. You turn the Olight on by pressing down on it, and the base of it fits in the silicone Osling so you can stick your arm through it or hang it on a tree branch or wherever. The blinking red Obulb could be attached to the back of a bike at night too. Or a person.  ;)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2024, 06:46:13 PM »
Right now you can buy an Orange or OD Green Arkfeld flashlight with white light and green laser, or an Orange or OD Green  Baton 3 Pro Max 2,500 lumens flashlight for $89.99 and get an iTHX Pumpkin Orange 180-lumen keychain flashlight, a $23.95 value as an Easter gift. That's what's hanging on my key-ring right now.

Or buy a Brass Stonewash Baton 3 Pro Max for $109.99 and get a Sunbreeze Pro Double (Camouflage & Green) travel hammock with bug protection, a $34.95 value as a free gift. The Brass Stonewash flashlight weighs 8.25 oz, while the Orange and OD Green ones only weigh 5.22 oz. They made a Desert Tan version that weighed 4.73 oz. It was magnesium instead of aluminum, IIRC.

https://www.olightstore.com/happy-easter-2024?os=DOVM&oc=EDM9B&sc_src=email_696750&sc_lid=41475607&sc_uid=QQKPjT9BD1&sc_llid=40438&sc_eh=04fee8a63959dfb41

That pentagonal shaped Diffuse 700 Lumen EDC Pocket Flashlight (5 sides and 5 power levels 8)) I recently bought won an iF Product Design Award from International Forum Design this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IF_Product_Design_Award

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2024, 07:05:39 PM »
Not on sale, but new is a Javelot Long Range Outdoor Flashlight with Holster. A max output of 1,350 lumens and 134,000 candela allows it to cast a focused beam up to 730 meters. That's about 80 feet shy of half a mile. :o  I don't need to see 1/2 mile at night with a flashlight, so I'm not spending $104.99 on one. The Javelot Pro 2 Long Distance Flashlight costs twice as much, but has a max 2,500 lumens with an extreme 1,050-meter beam distance, 3,445 feet, .65 miles. :o :o  The spare battery pack for it is $79.95. ouch! The Javelot Turbo Spotlight Flashlight costs $229.95 and has a max 1,300 lumens with a 1,300-meter beam distance, .8 miles. :o :o :o  Its battery pack is $99.95.

https://www.olightstore.com/javelot-powerful-long-range-flashlight

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 12:36:26 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk