Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186609 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1380 on: March 11, 2024, 11:18:13 AM »
We spent the weekend in Jacksonville visiting family at the Mayo Clinic and while there tried a few local eateries.
Friday was Freddy's Steak Burgers and I had the double jalapeno and pepper jack.
Two thumbs up.
Saturday was V's pizza and we did the "CARNIVORA PIZZA" which was San Marzano tomato sauce, mozzarella, pancetta, soppressata, sausage, red onion, fresh garlic and basil.
Two thumbs up.
Sunday evening before heading home we all went to a local BBQ joint that was founded in 1949 called Bono's. They have grown to 19 locations in and around Jacksonville and one location in Denver, CO. I had the pulled pork, slaw and hand-cut fries and garlic bread. Wife had the smoked chicken, baked beans and fries.
Also two big thumbs up from both of us.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #1381 on: March 11, 2024, 12:33:24 PM »
I had breakfast on top of breakfast. I microwaved a Jimmy Dean's Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant, topped it with Cheddar Cheese, a Smoky Bacon & Cheddar Egg Bite, and a big wad of Smoked BBQ Recipe Bacon Jerky. The croissant wasn't very good, but altogether it still tasted good. It would have been even better with more cheese, but I already added 1/4" thick layer to what was already on the sandwich and in the egg bite. I finished the bacon jerky and think I'll nibble on a bit of cheese before I call it quits.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1382 on: March 13, 2024, 12:32:10 AM »
Pork tenderloin, cheesy cabbage, and green beans. Breakfast was beef stroganoff followed by fudge, washed down with lots of coffee with Sweet Cheeks and Truvia sweetener.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #1383 on: March 14, 2024, 10:24:07 AM »
Two fried egg sandwiches and a banana.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1384 on: March 14, 2024, 07:21:53 PM »
I haven't had a fried egg sandwich in years, but that sounds good. Fried hard with ketchup or mustard, but not both. That's the only time an egg fried hard is acceptable, but slightly runny is good too. And I like bananas, especially with peanut butter on them. I pull the peel down and run a ridge of peanut butter down the back of the banana as I eat it, or make a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I was thinking about peanut butter and bananas this week. And marshmallow fluff. That's good on peanut butter sandwiches, but I never had an Elvis-style fluffernutter with bacon, fried in butter. I'll be happy with a fluffernutternana sandwich, but I tend to eat all the marshmallow fluff straight from the jar before I use it for anything.

I fried an 8 ounce boneless rib-eye steak and put it on a plate covered with French's original crispy fried onions. It was lots of little pieces from the bottom of a 24 ounce bag. Then I put a second 8 ounce boneless rib-eye steak in the pan. Both were covered on both  sides with The Drunken Butcher's Campfire meat sprinkles; Garlic, Sea Salt, Onion, Black Pepper, Red Pepper, Bell Pepper, Parsley, Fennel, Summer Savory. Ever wanted a seasoning that takes you back to sitting around the campfire? This special blend of herbs and spices is sure to evoke fond memories of late nights round the fire. It's smokey yet fiery taste is just what you've been looking for! 22% of proceeds are donated to Wisher For Warriors to help our Veterans. I put the 2nd steak on top of the first one and after a couple minutes ate it. Then I scraped the onions off the bottom of the other steak and put it in a zipper bag in the fridge. Most of the juices soaked into the onions, not the paper plates. I ate all the onions with a piece of cheddar cheese and will eat the first steak I cooked later on, after a quick zap in the microwave. I like the Campfire seasoning, but a lot of it stayed in the pan after I fried the second steak. I used plenty of it and the steak tasted great. The second steak didn't get seared, but still cooked right. A little too much maybe, because it was so thin and didn't look done, but it felt firm.

Sponsor

« Reply #1385 on: Today at 11:54:54 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1385 on: March 15, 2024, 01:53:54 AM »
I just ate my other steak. I went to bed early because I was tired, but had a hard time falling asleep and kept waking up with stomach pain. So I finally got up and put something in it. The steak was in a Hefty freezer bag and I zipped one corner open, inflated it by mouth, and zipped it closed. I nuked it for a minute, flipped it over and gave it another half minute. Those bags are tough. It puffed up quite a bit bigger but didn't explode, and sealed in the moisture. Re-heating steak in the microwave sometimes makes it dry and tough, especially if it just sat on a plate in the fridge, but this turned out okay. I slightly overcooked it because it was only half as thick as usual. So was the other one, but they were still good.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1386 on: March 15, 2024, 08:07:58 PM »
2 egg bites covered with melted cheddar cheese, and 4 breakfast link sausages.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1387 on: March 16, 2024, 05:45:07 PM »
Buffalo style chicken jerky and cheddar cheese.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1388 on: March 17, 2024, 04:09:04 PM »
Greek herbed chicken and penne pasta with a side of Parmesan broccoli. It wasn't bad, especially since I sprinkled more Parmesan and Romano cheese over it all.

Last week I tossed a pre-packaged meal in the microwave for a few minutes to warm up, and went in the bathroom to wash my hands. When I walked back into the kitchen I thought if a cabbage ate an onion then farted on a Brussels sprout it couldn't have smelled much worse. I don't remember what the main course was, but it had a side of broccoli too. Maybe it had cabbage or something in the main dish, but I think it was mainly the broccoli that reeked.

Which reminds me of a joke. Broccoli can help prevent cancer, but broccoli farts can be deadly.  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1389 on: March 17, 2024, 05:00:07 PM »
Now I'm having 2 egg bites with cheddar melted on top, covered with salsa, and 4 breakfast links. The salsa and extra cheese makes the meal. I should have put salsa on them last time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk