Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186761 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1390 on: March 18, 2024, 02:24:05 PM »
I ate a whole bag of freeze-Dried Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites and I'm drinking 3 kinds of coffee mixed together. I mixed the last of the Irreverent Warriors Dark Humor with another 22 Sierra coffee - (Grunt Style Foundation and) Round Canopy Parachuting Team "More than just a jump!" JUMPMASTER Dark Roast, and Gevalia decaf.

About RCPT USA:

VISION: RCPT-USA’s vision is to honor the history of Allied Airborne Forces past, present, and future.

MISSION: RCPT-USA performs round canopy commemorative airborne demonstrations to increase awareness and educate the public about the sacrifices and heroism of Allied Paratroopers from WWII onward.

PURPOSE: RCPT-USA is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which wishes to highlight the accomplishments of allied paratroopers from WWII onward by fostering camaraderie among individuals who share a passion for round canopy parachuting and inspiration from the actions and deeds of paratroopers past. This is accomplished through partnerships with worldwide RCPT chapters, demonstration and commemoration parachuting activities, and sustainment and training events in the US and around the world. We wish to provide a place which offers standardized and safe parachuting activities and afford a sense of community for our team members. For RCPT, commemorating the past, supporting veterans, and supporting our members makes round canopy parachuting “more than just a jump.”

RCPT-USA is based in the southeast United States, but participates in round canopy static line events across the US and internationally in partnership with European Chapters.

https://rcptusa.org/

Thunder Over Michigan Paradrop 2017 - Reported to be a record breaking jump for being the largest WWII re-enactment parachute jump at an airshow. Conducted by RCPT and WII ADT September 2017 at Willow Run Airport in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I'm almost certain that's where my parents met during WWII, riveting tail sections on B-24 Liberator bombers. 8)  It's nice to be able to sit here on my "fourth point of contact" and watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_CNxXFuwM
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1391 on: March 18, 2024, 04:17:49 PM »
I forgot to post this. The place I ordered them from was out of Freeze-Dried Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites. So they sent me 2 of the brownies instead of 1 of each after I approved it.

https://peakrefuel.com/collections/shop/products/chocolate-fudge-brownie-bites
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1392 on: March 20, 2024, 09:58:37 PM »
I had some garlic buffalo wings. Now I have sausage, egg and cheese croissant that I added a chunk of natural pepper jack cheese  to. It's better this way.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1393 on: March 21, 2024, 08:01:39 PM »
Homemade Red beans and rice with mild italian sausage, Having a snack of Chesters Cheesy Puffs now.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1394 on: March 22, 2024, 07:18:41 AM »
I LOVE homemade red beans and rice. I just don't like how log it takes me to dice everything up.

I'm chewing on a piece of Dubble Bubble and it's losing its flavor. Time to switch to a piece of the Original 1928 Flavor. I bought both so I can compare them. The new flavor seems to last longer than the original but both end up tasting like rubber or whatever it is.

Oh, yeah. I had Parmesan garlic butter chicken wings. I couldn't remember what I had.

Sponsor

« Reply #1395 on: Today at 06:20:53 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1395 on: March 22, 2024, 08:59:03 PM »
First I ate my last bag of Thai chili turkey jerky with sharp Pinconning cheese, arguably better than regular Colby-style or cheddar cheese. And I just finished my refrigeraisins, the last of 4 bags of Sweet Celebrations grapes I bought a few years ago, stuck in the vegetable crisper drawers and forgot about. They were really sweet and tasted better than store-bought raisins. Plus they were way bigger.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1396 on: March 23, 2024, 02:50:32 AM »
I haven't been grocery shopping in a long time and broke into my stash of survival food. I cooked up a quart of tomato basil soup with pasta. It tasted okay, but after soaking in boiling water for 15 minutes with the lid on with occasional stirring, and 3 without the lid on to cool off, the pasta was still dry and crunchy inside.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1397 on: March 26, 2024, 05:29:10 AM »
Boneless Dings (not Zings this time) chicken breast chunks. Just like Wing Dings and Wing Zings, there are Boneless Dings and Boneless Zings. I bought a 5 pound bag months ago so I could spice them however I wanted to. I ate some earlier with the last of my Nando's Hot Peri-Peri hot sauce on them. I put some water in the bottle, warmed in up in the microwave, and shook it while the chicken was in the microwave. I wanted to get all the Peri-Peri goodness I could out of it. This time I mixed ketchup with Hot Pineapple, Ginger & Rum BBQ sauce so it's not so hot. Mixed about 50/50, it still tastes the same but doesn't burn like before. Now that I've tried it, I like it a lot better mixed.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #1398 on: March 26, 2024, 07:24:51 PM »
Wife whipped up some burgers last night....better than any burger from a food joint.

Had a late lunch from a fast food chicken place so supper was a ham sandwich and four Oreos.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1399 on: March 28, 2024, 03:30:37 PM »
I don't but Oreos very often but when I do I usually get 2 or 3 serving per pound.

I finished my Boneless Dings with Frank's RedHot Chile ‘N Lime Seasoning Blend and Frank's RedHot Buffalo Ranch Seasoning Blend mixed together. Not bad. Then, since that was such a small portion, I ate some Boneless Zings with Frankenmuth chicken seasoning.

Back in the early 1950’s, brothers Tiny & Eddie Zehnder came up with a special recipe chicken seasoning to set themselves apart from everyone else. Pretty much trial and error until they got it just right! The distinct flavor is still very much a part of every piece of chicken served here at Zehnder’s Restaurant. Some years back, we removed the MSG but other than that; it’s the same.  Funny, we call it ‘chicken seasoning’ but in our production kitchens, we use it on most everything. We’ve added other flavored seasonings recently and even reintroduced the original recipe seasoning for those who still prefer the full “spike” of MSG.

https://www.zehndersstore.com/product/zehnders-chicken-seasoning/

I didn't know Zehnder’s sold their Coleslaw Dressing, but now that I know, I'll be sure to buy some. Their cabbage salad is the best I've ever had.

About half of the requests we get for Zehnder’s recipes are for Zehnder’s Cabbage Salad. The question that comes up most frequently about our recipe is: “Why does Zehnder’s call it Cabbage Salad and not Cole Slaw?” First of all, we fine shred the cabbage versus chopping it. Just gives it a different texture and mouth feel. But…there is another reason!

Did you ever notice when you eat chopped Cole Slaw there is a slightly sharp bite to the cabbage. That’s because most processors use the entire head of cabbage, including the core. As kids, we used to take the removed cabbage core, add a little salt and eat it. It definitely has a “bite” to it! Here at Zehnder’s, the core is removed before we shred the cabbage. Yes, it’s a little more work, and if you would add up all the discarded cores from the cabbages we process every year it would easily add up to thousands of pounds. But…we think it’s worth the effort and does bring out the natural sweetness of the cabbage.

https://www.zehndersstore.com/product/zehnders-coleslaw-dressing/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk