Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186608 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1410 on: April 11, 2024, 08:48:57 AM »
Fruity Pebbles with lactose-free milk.
(I've reached the age where not fartin' my guts out all night is handy) 
8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #1411 on: April 12, 2024, 08:56:56 AM »
I'm very tolerant of lactose. I don't tolerate any kind of intolerance around here. But if I eat a half gallon of ice cream it might make me burp a time or two.

I had Ro-Tel and real cheese, not Velveeta, microwaved and mixed together, with potato chips dipped in it. I accidentally bought a BIG bag of plain potato chips when I thought I grabbed sour cream & cheddar, so I mixed a little sharp cheddar cheese spread and a bunch of Colby-jack cheese with original Ro-Tel for dip. I also have mild ad Mexican style Ro-Tel in the cupboard. I didn't know there were 3 different kinds until last week.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1412 on: April 12, 2024, 01:52:56 PM »
I fried up a can of corned beef (not hash, just beef) that I took up north last year but we didn't eat for breakfast. I put half in each of 2 bowls, covered one bowlful of corned beef with 2 fists full of French's onions, covered that with Co-Jack cheese and microwaved it a few minutes. It smelled good and oniony when I took it out. It's what I'm eating right now. Sometimes when I've been up drinking all night (and day) instead of sleeping, strange things sound appetizing. I thought, yeah I could eat that.

I had a half dozen different mixed drinks with bottled mixers. Instead of using a shot, 1 - 1.5 ounces of booze like the instructions said, I used the 2.3 ounce mixer bottles as measures. So I had 1 tequila drink and 5 rum drinks that were all doubles, or a dozen shots.

And I made a pretty flower with the empties. ;D :D :)  If you think juggling 6 small bottles and sticking them in a glass is easy, try doing it after you've had a few, and a few more, and...  ;)

I wisely try to avoid real glassware when I'm drinking alcohol, and most other times as well, so I used one of my souvenir tumblers from Cedar Point, "America's Roller Coast". It features horsies from the Cedar Downs Racing Derby. This isn't your run-of-mill little carousel with calliope music blasting from the center. Cedar Downs Racing Derby is a Derby Racer built by US manufacturer Prior and Church Company currently located at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, USA. The ride originally opened at Euclid Beach Park as the Great American Racing Derby in 1921, though it was later known as just Racing Derby. At one point in its time at Euclid Beach Park, some of the horse-shaped ride vehicles were replaced with bicycle-shaped ones. The ride closed at Euclid Beach Park after the 1965 season and was relocated to Cedar Point. It's looking good for it's age of 103, unlike my mom who was born a year later. A family of up to 8 people can race 4 horses side by side as they move forward and back, in addition to moving up and down. The images on my tumbler are wrong as they show generic carousel horses with poles going through them, and these don't have poles going up beyond the inside. Bu tit does say Cedar Point in large letters on one side. I got 2 red ones and 2 of this purple(?) color with my tickets from playing Skee-Ball and stuff in the arcade. I need reminders of the good times in my life, and I was never very sad on a roller coaster, so I think about that too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Point

P.S. The 1924 William H. Dentzel Carousel located in Kiddy Kingdom has poles through the horses, so the images aren't wrong, I was when I thought about the one I rode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6AXPVBYhEE
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1413 on: April 12, 2024, 06:03:08 PM »
Cherry danish.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1414 on: April 13, 2024, 05:02:38 PM »
If it was a cherry turnover I'd fight over it.

Sponsor

« Reply #1415 on: Today at 11:20:03 PM »

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1415 on: April 13, 2024, 06:06:00 PM »
If it was a cherry turnover I'd fight over it.
THAT, you'd have to fight my mother for. Morbidly obese to the point of barely mobile, but one of those people who has a talent for hounding people about every trivial little imperfection to the point that you'd almost rather deal yourself out than have to continue to hear her.

It's not the hard work of live-in care I mind, you do what you gotta do for family, but rather the completely ungrateful attitude.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1416 on: April 13, 2024, 11:12:45 PM »
You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

Or, blood make you related, loyalty make you family. Like my army brother. He's more family that those 2 jerks that came from the same uterus I did.

It depends on how you look at it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1417 on: April 13, 2024, 11:55:13 PM »
I just finished the last of my mini cheese ravioli, with Parmesan and Romano sprinkled on top, because if there's 1 thing better than 2 cheeses (Ricotta, and Romano made with cow's and sheep's milk), it's 3 cheeses.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1418 on: April 14, 2024, 05:01:49 AM »
Hours ago, when I finished my ravioli, I put the leftover spaghetti sauce with mushrooms on top of the leftover corned beef that was drying out in a bowl in the fridge. I took it out, covered it with a bunch of french fried onions and some Co-Jack cheese, nuked it, and stirred it into one big homogeneous, disgusting looking mess, and just finished it. Hey! You don't have to eat this s**t, so cut me some slack! ;) This may have been enough to make a homeless person fold up their "WiLL WORK 4 FOOD" sign, say, "Never mind", and walk away, but it filled my belly and will form a turd. In the end, that's all that really matters. And yes, I have been drinking again, why do you ask? ;D

For my breakfast Saturday, I filled a 20-ounce paper bowl halfway with broken potato chips, and poured boiling hot leftover Ro-Tel and cheese mixture over it. It looked like orange cheese soup, and I stirred it up until it was more like a paste that tasted a lot like potato cheese soup, or Pringles in cheese sauce, but it was real potato chips. So, Saturday was leftover day. At least I didn't put ALL of my leftovers in one bowl. Two separate bowls was bad enough. ;D  I may have t cook some actual food in the afternoon.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1419 on: April 16, 2024, 08:22:23 PM »
Pork potstickers with ponzu sauce.

I once came up with a scheme to import cheap ponzu sauce in bulk, and put it in more expensive branded bottles. That's right, it was a ponzu scheme.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk