Author Topic: 5 Dec 07 Podcast  (Read 2277 times)

Trevor

5 Dec 07 Podcast
« on: December 11, 2007, 02:34:39 PM »
I finally made a moment to sit and listen to this one.  Thanks for the "End of the World" book list, especially the link to Jerry Pournelle.  Interesting stuff.

Because I am a misanthrope and pessimist, I rather look forward to the end of the world, but, alas, history is never so dramatic. 

As for stealth living, I agree.  The dumb clucks who wear their hearts on their sleeves and announce to the world their pro-gun politics are food waiting to be eaten.  I am sure though they are not tasty.  Yet, the ravenous predators about have no taste anyway.

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 5 Dec 07 Podcast
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »

As for stealth living, I agree.  The dumb clucks who wear their hearts on their sleeves and announce to the world their pro-gun politics are food waiting to be eaten.  I am sure though they are not tasty.  Yet, the ravenous predators about have no taste anyway.

I personally think you can be openly pro-gun and live in stealth. You don't need stickers on your car or signs in your yard to be involved in pro-gun politics. You don't want to stand in a mall or something like that and yell "I like have guns and so should you". But if someone asks your opinion at a private gathering, don't be afraid to try to change some minds. You might be surprised what a little pro-gun talk can do. Who knows, you might even get a new shooting buddy.  ;D
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 06:32:06 PM »
I keep an autographed picture of Launi Meili, the 1992 womens olympic air rifle gold medal winner, in my office, it is very tasteful, and not offensive. But any shooter that comes in, will ask who's that? A good conversation starter, non shooters may ask, and they are usually very respectful of Gold medal winners, and the rifle in Her hands being an air gun, does'nt bother most anti gunnies. I found a lot of my customers are shooters or hunters.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

leatherman92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:20:04 PM »
I keep a shotgun in my leather shop in plain sight. :)
One riot,one redneck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk