Author Topic: The Prolific Jerry Ahern  (Read 2149 times)

charliefarmerboy33

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Prolific Jerry Ahern
« on: December 13, 2007, 12:04:30 PM »
I just finished Book #27 of "The Survivalist" series. I  now own and have read them all.  I discovered Jerry Ahern while reading an article on the Detonics Combat Master and the resurgence of Detonics as a company. The author said he first discovered the little gun in an adventure series of books by Jerry Ahern starting back in the early 80s. Fascinated by both the gun and the book series I began buying the books. No longer in print, I was able to find most of them through used book dealers via amazon.com. The basic premise of the series is that the Soviet Union starts a nuclear war with the USA. John Thomas Rourke, our hero, trained Medical Doctor and skilled surgeon, ex-CIA operative turned survival and weapons expert, lives by the idea, always plan ahead. He has built a survival “Retreat” in the mountains of North East Georgia, where he and his family can live for years in the event of a nuclear disaster. When the event actually occurs he is on a plane coming back from a lecture he has given on survival.  The story continues to unfold as he searches for his family through a war torn world. All of the books are a great read and I highly recommend them!!!

C. King
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk