Author Topic: SOG comes through on a B-barrel M39  (Read 2103 times)

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SOG comes through on a B-barrel M39
« on: December 15, 2007, 05:05:12 PM »
I've never completely been able to get on the Mosin bandwagon -- although I have a 91/30, M44 and M38 -- as they always seemed "shoddy" to me.  Even with that, I think Finnish M39s are the cat's meow.  Great history, corrects most of the negative points of the Mosin, very accurate, great trigger, good sights.  Plus I love the "stick it to 'em" nature of the Finns improving the Mosin and turning it on the Russians.

I've also never really been happy with SOG as a dealer...their condition descriptions have always struck me as a little optimistic.  That said, they are one of the few with M39s right now.  I ordered one this Wednesday using their "Wild Card" sale of $40 off.  I now own a B-barrel to go along with my Sako-built one.

SOG really came through.  This appears to be an unissued, 1942 manf model.  Nice plum red color barrel, bright bore, typical crisp trigger, 100% blue.  Plus it has the arsenal tag which I think is pretty cool.

Enjoy

NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

leatherman92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: SOG comes through on a B-barrel M39
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 05:44:24 PM »
cool gun :)
One riot,one redneck

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »
How much total?
I've never completely been able to get on the Mosin bandwagon -- although I have a 91/30, M44 and M38 -- as they always seemed "shoddy" to me.  Even with that, I think Finnish M39s are the cat's meow.  Great history, corrects most of the negative points of the Mosin, very accurate, great trigger, good sights.  Plus I love the "stick it to 'em" nature of the Finns improving the Mosin and turning it on the Russians.

I've also never really been happy with SOG as a dealer...their condition descriptions have always struck me as a little optimistic.  That said, they are one of the few with M39s right now.  I ordered one this Wednesday using their "Wild Card" sale of $40 off.  I now own a B-barrel to go along with my Sako-built one.

SOG really came through.  This appears to be an unissued, 1942 manf model.  Nice plum red color barrel, bright bore, typical crisp trigger, 100% blue.  Plus it has the arsenal tag which I think is pretty cool.

Enjoy

IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »
With the $40 off, it was $294.  That's a good price these days.  Most list at $325-$350 for a B-barrel
NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk