Author Topic: Senators Push To End Gun Ban In National Parks  (Read 2756 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Senators Push To End Gun Ban In National Parks
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »
Senators Push To End Gun Ban In National Parks: U.S. Sens. Mike Enzi and John Barrasso have joined with 45 colleagues in the Senate in pushing to allow gun owners to carry their firearms into all national parks and wildlife refuges. Among the Wyoming Republicans' allies: Montana Democratic Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester. Forty-seven senators signed a letter to Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne on Friday asking him to lift restrictions that prevent citizens from carrying their readily accessible firearms onto lands managed by the National Park Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The effort is being led by Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho. The letter noted that Park Service and Fish and Wildlife Service rules apply even to citizens with valid concealed weapons permits.

http://www.trib.com/articles/2007/12/18/news/wyoming/95cafdcb5063e7de872573b5000172c2.prt
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Senators Push To End Gun Ban In National Parks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 05:09:10 PM »
Senators Push To End Gun Ban In National Parks: U.S. Sens. Mike Enzi and John Barrasso have joined with 45 colleagues in the Senate in pushing to allow gun owners to carry their firearms into all national parks and wildlife refuges. Among the Wyoming Republicans' allies: Montana Democratic Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester. Forty-seven senators signed a letter to Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne on Friday asking him to lift restrictions that prevent citizens from carrying their readily accessible firearms onto lands managed by the National Park Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The effort is being led by Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho. The letter noted that Park Service and Fish and Wildlife Service rules apply even to citizens with valid concealed weapons permits.

http://www.trib.com/articles/2007/12/18/news/wyoming/95cafdcb5063e7de872573b5000172c2.prt

Maybe we can get rid of another sheepole zone!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
I saw that on another site, I think its great.  I'm not so worried about people in nat'l parks as I am worried about 4 legged critters.   Being stocked by a mountain lion is not alot of fun.

I also noticed my 2 senators did not sign... then again, the only thing they would sign with the word gun anywhere on the papper was if it was fallowed by the word ban.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »
 Good for the  senator's it is a move in the right direction for the people. and not against them. Thanks for the posting.
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:55:38 AM »
I love the part in the article when the tree hugger say's (He also noted that some parks have many people in camp sites, and "if you have people start plinking around with weapons, then you have accidents," ) We all know that everyone that carries a gun, waves it around and is a BUFFOON!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:08:41 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 12:11:30 PM »
Same problem with CCW in malls or schools. The un-gunners just assume (as do the uninformed) that when trouble starts, anyone with a weapon will just go berserk and start spraying rounds.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk