Author Topic: Ammo questions  (Read 2158 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Ammo questions
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »
Recently I've run across a couple of ammo manufacturers I've never heard of before.

Cheaper Than Dirt is selling Igman .223 NATO, advertised as NATO rejects because they are 12fps slower than the minimum standard. The Igman is boxer primed so it is of interest for reloaders. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this stuff? Is it OK for plinking, or capable of decent shooting?

Also, Ammoman has been selling boxer-primed Lithuanian .308. Same questions. I am especially interested in avoiding Indian-type crap in .308.

Thanks, all, and everyone have a Merry Christmas, a belated Happy Hanukkah, and an aluminum Festivus.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Ammo questions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 08:52:03 PM »
Well Igman is a mountain in bosnia   so I asume its built there ( 84 winter olympics is why I know the name)

If its nato spec( IE 5.56) I would not shoot it in a gun chambered for 223.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »
Igman is on par with the Olympic stuff.  Not the best, but not the worst either.

So far, I have heard good stuff on the Lithuanian .308, but I have not shot any.  For what they want for it, I reload.. :)

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:11:48 PM »
Igman is on par with the Olympic stuff.  Not the best, but not the worst either.

So far, I have heard good stuff on the Lithuanian .308, but I have not shot any.  For what they want for it, I reload.. :)

-Bidah

I hear you Bidah, but I missed the boat on getting .308 brass when it was available. However, I am well set with Berdan primed SA rounds, maybe 3 cases? Oh, yeah, and a case of Boxer-primed Hirtenberger.

Do I hear wailing . . . . ?    ;)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk