Author Topic: "We don't want Ruger here"  (Read 8826 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: "We don't want Ruger here"
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 06:36:18 AM »
Bill Ruger was also interviewed about it later on TV by some big media person like Tom Brokaw or Dan Rather.  Bill's exact words were " no honest man needs more than ten rounds..."

Well, the shop I work at will not sell Smith and Wessons or Colt.  I guess to each his own.  I wish we did.  The owner got pissed off at Smith back when Clinton was in office and they made some sort of deal with the Clinton administration.  Colt at one time basically stopped selling guns to civilians.  Boss said screw them both, and have not had new ones in the shop since.   He wont carry Walther, because they are with Smith, nor T/C since Smith bought them out.  I think it is a bad business decision myself, but he writes my checks, so what can I do?   Nobody has been able to talk him out of it, and almost everybody has tried.

These type of gun boycotting decisions are just plain foolish. Here is why. Bill Ruger is dead. Not only is he dead, but no one with the last name Ruger is currently holding any type of management position in that company any longer. Ruger has totally changed their old policies that Bill Ruger diligently enforced. They are selling Hi-Cap mags not only to anyone, but have brought their prices way down as to be more in line with the current economy and shooters needs.

Smith & Wesson isn't even owned by the same company, (Tompkins PLC), when their then President Ed Schultz entered into that stupid agreement that never went anywhere. They are now owned by Safe-T-Hammer Corporation here in Phoenix. They have come a long way since then with introduction of AR-15 rifles along with the Smith & Wesson .500 and .460 Magnum. Making them pay for what the company did while they had no control over it is dumb. They are not only hurting themselves, but the gun industry in general. This kind of foolishness accomplishes nothing, and is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 06:53:11 AM »
Believe me, billt, I agree with you.  Many of us have tried many times to get him to relent on this, but he is hardheaded as hell. 
Life Member of the NRA

rojawe

• Top Forum Member
  • To the Republic for which it stands One Nation
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 07:21:18 AM »
Lots of luck on the Scout coming to a store near you since I know a guy that has one on order since Dec last year
EMPLOYERS STOP THE FLOOD E-VERIFY WORKS

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »
Again more words... the owner was clearly upset, I manage two or three new guns a year - most of my ammo, magazines... you all k now the stuff you buy to run your weapons - and have for the last 12 years.

This is the bit that puzzles me, if I was the owner I would have suggested that the store member pull their heads in and ordered the firearm. Clearly this person has no idea of how the shop is run.
I dont know of any owner which would alienate a customer which would cost them not only now but of future purchases.
Howmany people will you tell at your local club, friends etc a few hundred dollars is likely to cost them thousands, Just plain stupid imho,
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 07:59:53 AM »
This is the bit that puzzles me, if I was the owner I would have suggested that the store member pull their heads in and ordered the firearm. Clearly this person has no idea of how the shop is run.
I dont know of any owner which would alienate a customer which would cost them not only now but of future purchases.
Howmany people will you tell at your local club, friends etc a few hundred dollars is likely to cost them thousands, Just plain stupid imho,

+1  exactly what I was thinking

if it was not going to work for the client  at all then I would not sell and let them know  however in this case
in this day and age with 1 the internet to tell everyone of your experience and 2  money is tight and retail can and is tough out there you would think they would be after every sale they can get  especially as easy as yours would of been.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:17:44 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 08:18:08 AM »
I just got off the phone with Wideners. They were very willing to cancel my order and credit my account. Too willing. My guess is they sold that stuff out and weren't keeping track of how much they had. They most likely wound up taking more orders than they had stock on hand. They then had several people who's orders they couldn't fill. Rather than call them telling them the situation, they just left me hanging hoping I would wait it out. Now I'll never do business with them again, and I was a good customer.

Today I'll head up to United Nations Ammo Company. They've got British Kynoch .50 BMG Ball ammo for $375.00 for 150 rounds. That's only $2.50 a round. I can't shoot my Weatherbys for that price unless I handload brass I've got on hand.

http://www.unammo.com/

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 08:40:54 AM »

They are "The oldest gun shop in Idaho" the problem being is (in my opinion) it was pleasantly run by past generations, when Grand dad and dad passed away - the store fell in to the eldest daughters hands and her son.

It has gone through  A LOT of issues and faces in the last 10 years, adding a tattoo parlor in the back which failed, added a piercing parlor - failed, moved twice, added motorcycle leather distribution - failed, pawn shop -

They almost lost the shop in the last few years and had the ATF scrutinizing them, but as usual, the ATF was found to have trumped up some paperwork that lost their case, in those years it was like no distributor wanted to touch them with a 10' pole. Rightly so, would you want inventory tied up with a store that was in dire straights with BHO's henchmen?

Mother and son just don't appear to have a SOLID grasp of what a local - full service gun store needs to be - the stock / selected group of manufactures they carry blows with the wind.

One year all you can find is FN then next all Glock, then S&W then Springfield, you typically do not find a solid mix of manufacturers but ALL models x5 of each and very little selection of other manufacturers.

After last nights fiasco I cut the cord, I was solidly in there corner and really tried to stay by their side through thick and thin but it became glaringly clear to me, they just do not care about customer stultification - they talk the talk in advertisements but they did not walk the walk when it came down to it.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »
Take all the guns in...

Tell them you need ammo, holsters, soft cases, hard cases, optics, lasers, .....anything you would need for them...

When they are all stacked up on the counter, tell them   "On second thought, I think I'll get this stuff from the shop that sold me the guns.   Loyalty, you know."

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 10:10:35 AM »
Take all the guns in...

Tell them you need ammo, holsters, soft cases, hard cases, optics, lasers, .....anything you would need for them...

When they are all stacked up on the counter, tell them   "On second thought, I think I'll get this stuff from the shop that sold me the guns.   Loyalty, you know."

That is exactly what I plan on doing - hopefully around Christmas 2012 - lay out all of the receipts for a single competitor and tell them THIS! is what we don't want your business DID NOT earned you this year. 

Thanks for letting me vent all. Man was I hot last night (ad still am - but cooling off)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »

That is exactly what I plan on doing - hopefully around Christmas 2012 - lay out all of the receipts for a single competitor and tell them THIS! is what we don't want your business DID NOT earned you this year. 

Thanks for letting me vent all. Man was I hot last night (ad still am - but cooling off)

Not only the reciepts, but the websites you've mentioned it on, including this one, specifically listing the number of members that saw the posts.  "If they tell two friends, and they tell two friends..."
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk