Author Topic: Anyone used a 9x18 pistol?  (Read 6066 times)

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anyone used a 9x18 pistol?
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:58:30 PM »
I've got a FEG PA-63 that I bought just because I "had to have it" and absolutely love shooting it!  Since I don't plan to sell it, I sanded the pointed edges of the grip that used to cut my thumb just at the web and that made it lots more comfortable.  It's really accurate for an old gun and when shooting something like Silver Bear rounds, a water jug half full will loose the entire back of the jug with a hit.  Granted it's not a Glock or1911, but it's fun!!

Dave   ;D

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Anyone used a 9x18 pistol?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 02:37:15 AM »
Used to have a Makarov.  Pretty decent little guns.
Life Member of the NRA

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 10:21:59 AM »
I find the Mak to be much more comfortable to shoot than my Walther PPK's 380 acp. The Walther drives the tang into the web of my hand and is downright painful. My old Colt Mustang was much more pleasant to shoot than my Walther. How's the PA 63 pain wise?

sigluvr

• Believer in Civil Defense & 2nd Ammendment
  • Forum Member
  • The shooter
    • My Yahoo 360 Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 07:53:48 PM »
I have one  Makarov and two CZ-82's.  I love 'um.  They'er easy to carry, very accuarte and comfotable.  Granted, they're NOT something with high stopping power but the Europeans have got along with them a long time. They too are fun to shoot.  A well placed shot will stop anything.

I still mostely carry my Sig229 or 239 and plink with my 9X18's
If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.

hawkeye1

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 07:32:33 PM »
I love my PA-63's.  I have two.  They are great shooters and quite often they are my carry gun.  I reload the Speer 90 Grain Hollow Point with Winchester 231 and they are great to shoot or carry.  I would like to find about three more for my three sons.  they enjoy shooing them also. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:37:26 PM »

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »
Back in the mid 90's I prepared guns for a pretty big importer of Russian firearms. The Makarov in 9x18 was one of them, I owned several and found them to be reliable, accurate and usable, these were imported with the cheap Bomar copy sights, crude adjustments but a decent sight picture. Double action was tough, single action as issued was pretty bad too, I worked on them and tuned the single action to decent. My opinion, a 150 dollar gun, not bad at all, I sold probably 50 - 60 of them when I was still an ffl holder, no comebacks. The Tokarevs were pretty decent too, even the chinese versions. The German and Hungarian versions were definitely finished better, some of the German guns, rivaled Walther with the fit and finish.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

BakCompat

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 05:21:40 PM »
I've got a Makarov in 380 and absolutely love it. I've fired a 9x18 model several times and find it to be a very similar experience. I'd like to get a hold of one on the cheap, but gunbroker is the only place i see them lately, and they aren't in the "cheap" price range any more. I'm considering a CZ-83 in 9x18 since it is such a similar design to the Makarov. I suggest any others interested in this calibre check it out as well.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 07:03:57 PM »

HO! HO! HO! - HOLIDAY SALE ON CZ-82 PISTOLS    classicarms.us

WE JUST RECIEVED A NEW BATCH OF THESE POPULAR PISTOLS AND AS A HOLIDAY SPECIAL WE THOUGHT WE WOULD OFFER UP SOME SPECIAL SANTA PRICING. EACH PISTOL COMES WITH 2-13 RD. MAGS, HOLSTER AND LANYARD...REALLY NICE
CZ-82 PISTOL.......$199.95------- 3 OR MORE.......$189.95
FOR MORE INFO ON THE CZ-82 PISTOLS SEE OUR FULL DISCRIPTION FARTHER DOWN THIS PAGE.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 07:07:20 PM »

CZ-52 PISTOLS ARE BACK IN THE HOUSE.
 -
WE HAD AN OPTION ON THESE SO WE SPENT A LITTLE MORE AND GOT THE ONES WITH THE ABSOLUTE BEST FINISH AVAILABLE. THE GRAPHIC ABOVE IS AN ACTUAL PHOTO AND THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH LOOK JUST LIKE THIS. THEY ARE IN STOCK NOW, THEY COME WITH ALL YOU SEE HERE, AND THEY ARE READY TO SHIP. 7.62X25 CALIBER W/ 2 MAGS AND HOLSTER........CZ-52.....ONLY..............$139.95-- OUT OF STOCK

A LIMITED RUN OF THE HARD CHROME CZ-52 PISTOLS ARE NOW BACK IN STOCK...CZ-52 CH....$199.95

7.62X25 AMMO
BULGARIAN 7.62X25, 85GR, LEAD CORE, BERDAN, 1950'S MFG, 2-800 RD CANS IN A 1600 RD CASE. PACKED IN 16 RD PAPER WRAPS INSIDE THE CAN. LOOKS LIKE NEW. 800 RD CAN...$99.95.....1600 RD CASE...$189.95

HUNGARIAN PA-63 MAKAROV PISTOLS JUST IN.
---
THESE HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE COUNTRY FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS. BUT NOW THEY ARE BACK. OURS ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION , WITH BLUED SLIDE AND ALLOY FRAME. COMES COMPLETE WITH 2- 8 RD MAGS AND CLEANING ROD. ....$145.00
SORRY- THESE ARE NOT C & R ELIGIBLE
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

sigluvr

• Believer in Civil Defense & 2nd Ammendment
  • Forum Member
  • The shooter
    • My Yahoo 360 Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »
Too bad cause I have a CZ-82, 9X18, for sale for $175.00 with the holster, 2 - 12 rnd mags, lanyard and cleaning rod.
Right now a sale is pending but it aint sold until I have the money.   8)
Contact me thru my e-mail posted in my profile.
If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk