Author Topic: Well the micro stamp bill got signed in to law today...  (Read 3785 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Well the micro stamp bill got signed in to law today...
« on: October 13, 2007, 10:30:08 PM »
All crimes are commited with legally obtained guns, in the hands of thier legal owners...  ::)

I'm so glad I bought some land out of state and will be leaving CA with in a year or 2.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: Well the micro stamp bill got signed in to law today...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:22:11 PM »
I've read several reports on this bill as it was working its way around and think I understand how it works for sales.  However, a question I have is how does this new law affect guns brought into the state for competition purposes?  Can a poor dumb hick from Minnesota bring his non-California guns in for a week of play and leave, or do I need to boycot the state since I can't afford a special set just for playing around fruits and nuts?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 06:44:20 AM »
OK this idiot bill passed.  It is NOW time for the gun manufacturers to boycott CA.  No guns for ANY reason sold to anyone (especially police) in CA.

Ronnie Barrret set the standard!

We have supported the MFGs with our money for years.  It is now time for them to support us by boycotting CA starting NOW, no excuses about "we are trying to work with CA to get the bill modified..."etc.  STOP selling in CA now.

Michael, as you are high profile and have many of the MFGs ears you should spread the word.

(In case you hadn't noticed I'm POd about this!)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 07:05:26 AM »
OK this idiot bill passed.  It is NOW time for the gun manufacturers to boycott CA.  No guns for ANY reason sold to anyone (especially police) in CA.

Ronnie Barrret set the standard!

We have supported the MFGs with our money for years.  It is now time for them to support us by boycotting CA starting NOW, no excuses about "we are trying to work with CA to get the bill modified..."etc.  STOP selling in CA now.

Michael, as you are high profile and have many of the MFGs ears you should spread the word.

(In case you hadn't noticed I'm POd about this!)

PO'd - as well we all should be. Sadly, the gun grabbers (GGs) have some smarts, my guess is they have excluded the police forces from this egregious bill. Thus, it will be difficult for any company to turn down a contract with a force.

BUT, having said that, a boycott of selling anything gun-related to the PDs of California is an excellent idea - when even they can't find ammo or new weapons to replace the worn ones, things would change very quickly - if you could get dealers to comply.

Also, it could be turned against us - "those mean old gun owners are putting our police at risk" is one way the GGs could twist this. So perhaps work uietly with the polic unions to work with them to say "back repeal and this boycott will end" sort of conversations.

Sadly, nothing in life is quite as simple as painted here, but a boycot is an interesting suggestion.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 07:09:48 AM »
Path,

The 50 cal ban doesn't cover cops and Ronnie still won't sell to them.

We gotta make a stand!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:27:54 PM »

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 07:20:07 AM »
This will give momentum to other Peoples Republic states to pass similar legislation. With a big Dem victory possible in '08 we are going to have a long four years. Make sure all your buddies are NRA members and start preaching to the doubters.

Squibby

• Active Forum Member
  • Ready-Fire-Aim
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »
It literally turned my stomach to know Arnie signed this stupid bill.   >:(

I'd love to stay and fight/educate the shee'ple of Kalifornia  - not that I'm STUBBORN about it or anything.  Maybe it's time to get serious about finding a place in a more gun-friendly state. 

...ummm, maybe I could get a .50 Cal bmg...or the MP5...or...ooo, I should stop now

"The difference between Idealism and Realism is directly porportional to the distance of the problem."

someguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »
F^$K California, and F*$K Arnold.  Anything less that a universal boycott as mentioned above represents complete capitulation and surrender on our part, and as such, is completely unacceptable.

PO'd doesn't even begin to describe it right now...

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »
It literally turned my stomach to know Arnie signed this stupid bill.   >:(

I'd love to stay and fight/educate the shee'ple of Kalifornia  - not that I'm STUBBORN about it or anything.  Maybe it's time to get serious about finding a place in a more gun-friendly state. 

...ummm, maybe I could get a .50 Cal bmg...or the MP5...or...ooo, I should stop now

Florida, sweetheart!  ;D

ncrguy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 07:26:17 PM »
If the Supremes decide on Parker and it goes our way, what are the chances we could start unraveling more infringements like these? It made me sick when I heard the news about this. I am making my escape plans as well. Where is the best place to go in the U.S. any more? I prefer low taxes and no or few 2nd amendment hassles. Any ideas? Weather is negotiable...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk