Author Topic: Pistol caliber carbines  (Read 10441 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pistol caliber carbines
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 11:43:32 AM »
I think pistol caliber carbines are a good compliment to your side arm , keeping the same caliber in each. Great trunk guns. I had a Ruger deerstalker in .44 mag, but really had no use for it. A good lever in a pistol cartridge or one of the new carbines is an idea, I would consider a Hi-Point carbine, have heard and read good things about them.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 11:45:02 AM »
Want a pistol caliber carbine?  Here ya go, in 9 or 40.

http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/home/
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »
I remember when the calico 1st came out, alot of problems, and that was with .22 rounds. Junk guns they were ,not sure about now.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 11:54:13 AM »
Good point MB.  Anyone have experience with Mech-Tech on a Glock (say with a 30 rd. mag)?
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 12:53:20 PM »
You might as well carry a Sten Bren or one of those ugly .45s we called grease guns that all the motorpool guys used to carry. This mech tech is a curiosity weapon not a serious platform IMHO. You can buy a whole lot more serious carbine for the money.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:10:15 AM »

olddog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 02:12:32 PM »
I own a colt ar15 9mm carbine, and a marlin 1894 in 44mag. The colt is great for training on steel and indoors where my .223 guns would be inapropriate and the 1894 is great for short range hunting and is just a cool gun. Pistol caliber carbines definately have their place.

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »
I've had two of the mec tech glock 17 "uppers."  They would function 99% with the factory mags; you just never knew when the other 1% would appear.  Tried the full range of ammo, 110-147 grain bullets slow, medium and fast.  When they worked they were fun but felt somewhat awkward in handling.  The thing you will probably notice most is the bolt movement.  As a pure blowback there is a lot of metal sliding back and forth in the tube, rather like a Smith M76 or swedish K.  The 9mm AR's seem a bit smoother,  possibly due to the in line stock, and of course you can trick the AR's out to the limit of your wallet.  A rifle in 9mm is mostly a fun plinker anyhow (Not that there's anything wrong with that...).

tigerclaw

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 02:41:00 AM »
So far nobody has mentioned any of the HK clones....  I have one of the Coharie 94 clones and really like it.  I've only put about 350 rounds through it since I received it earlier this year, but it has performed great and is a blast to shoot.  Are the MP5 clones so small a market that not many people have them??

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 10:23:41 AM »
You don't see many of the H-K clones around...I always wondered how they worked.

I shot a Calico .22 back in the day, but not since they came back...lot to be said for a 50- or 100-round magazine for a car gun, since it's a lot harder to reload in moving car (yeah yeah, I know...I've taken a bunch of heat on this "long gun in the car" thing...nobody's said anything that convinces me I'm wrong).

I've said befoe that I think lever guns are one of the great overlooked self-defense tools.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

tigerclaw

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »
You don't see many of the H-K clones around...I always wondered how they worked.

Michael B

Yeah, but you're one up on me as you've been able to shoot the real deal.

The one I have is fun, but the trigger is just okay, not gritty but not a clean break either.  I bought the one with the fake can on it, so that I didn't have to buy a stock for it if I ever decide to SBR it.  It is a lot of fun though.

If you are ever in the South-Central part of Wisconsin and want to shoot it, consider yourself having a loaner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk