Author Topic: New 9mm Reminton pistol  (Read 11439 times)

BAC

Re: New 9mm Reminton pistol
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 08:20:51 AM »
Perhaps it's just me, but I just can't get excited about anymore plastic guns. I don't care who makes them.

From the article:  " The R51 is constructed of aluminum and steel; no polymer frame on this one."

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »
Not to start an argument, but, does it really matter what is done in Ilion anyway?  The Corp took money or tax breaks and trampled the 2nd.   The very amendment that helps them make a profit! 

Remington made their decision, I've made mine.  Besides, that pistol is almost glock ugly.  ;D

When did you start quoting Hillary to support your points ?
The fact that Remington has been manufacturing in NC for years now shows your information is probably incorrect .
Remington is currently owned by Freedom Group who also own ;
BUSHMASTER
REMINGTON MILITARY
REMINGTON LE
MARLIN FIREARMS
H&R 1871
DAKOTA ARMS
TAPCO
   DPMS / Panther Arms
PARKER GUNMAKERS
BARNES BULLETS
ADVANCED ARMAMENT
PARA USA
REMINGTON PMPD
MOUNTAIN KHAKIS
REMINGTON 1816

http://freedom-group.com/

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »
When did you start quoting Hillary to support your points ?

OUCH!  That left a mark! 8)

Until I'm proven incorrect, I'll continue my personal boycott of ALL Remington and affiliated company's, products.

Won't equal a hill of beans in the long run, but, it makes me feel better.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:40 AM »
Until I'm proven incorrect, I'll continue my personal boycott of ALL Remington and affiliated company's, products.

Won't equal a hill of beans in the long run, but, it makes me feel better.

So I understand correctly. You're boycotting Remington because they did not move out of New York?

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »
I am boycotting Remington because, it is my understanding that the parent organization of Remington accepted tax breaks or some other type of remuneration to NOT leave New York after passage of the so called SAFE Act.

If I am wrong, I prefer my crow with buffalo wing sauce.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:16:02 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 12:42:53 PM »
I am boycotting Remington because, it is my understanding that the parent organization of Remington accepted tax breaks or some other type of remuneration to NOT leave New York after passage of the so called SAFE Act.

What would you have done? Remember, you have stockholders to answer to?

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 02:29:37 PM »
I (this is only me here) would have informed the stockholders that the state of NY was no longer an acceptable place to do business as the very product(s) the Corp manufactures and sells cannot be legally owned in said state.  Wind down whatever operations are still running in NY and move those to other, more firearm friendly states.

If the stockholders cannot see beyond short-term profit, to the anti's long term goal of putting said company out of business.......Well......here's your sign.

James Madison

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 04:48:46 PM »
I (this is only me here) would have informed the stockholders that the state of NY was no longer an acceptable place to do business as the very product(s) the Corp manufactures and sells cannot be legally owned in said state.  Wind down whatever operations are still running in NY and move those to other, more firearm friendly states.

If the stockholders cannot see beyond short-term profit, to the anti's long term goal of putting said company out of business.......Well......here's your sign.

Remington was all but "out of business". That would have went over like a turd in a punch bowl. Stockholders become stockholders to make money, period. They don't care about some pro gun stance. Especially if that stance is going to cost them money. Remington isn't that profitable of a company to begin with. A lot of their equipment is old and outdated, and there is no money for replacement equipment, let alone modernizing the entire operation.....Or worse, paying for a move that would do nothing to their bottom line except lower it.

In fact, if it weren't for the purchase of Remington by Cerberus Capital Management, Remington would not exist today. They were on the verge of bankruptcy. It's easy to tell what a company should do when you're not the one footing the bills. Business today lives and dies on a single bad decision. Moving Remington at this point would have finished them off. I only hope they're still around in another 5 or 10 years. The Government M-16 contract helped them a little, as did Cerberus purchasing them. But they are going to need a big infusion of venture capital if they want to survive in the long term. That isn't going to be easy to acquire. People can find a lot of places to put their money these days, besides 198 year old gun companies.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 05:06:41 AM »
Bump

I heard Remington is dumping the R-51. I'm trying to find the link where I read it. I guess it will wind up in the same drawer as the Colt 2000 All American.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
Someone had an article about it online calling it the pistol you don't want. I was seriously thinking about getting one but don't want to be the "beta tester" for anything new. I thought after all the bugs are worked out I could get one.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk