Author Topic: Beowulf 50  (Read 4158 times)

AppleSeed

• AppleSeed
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Beowulf 50
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:59:16 PM »
I`m looking into buying a Beowulf upper and starting a new project. Does anyone have any comments on the Beowulf. It is a "bang for the buck" scenario. I want a high powered assault rifle and the Beowulf ammo is relatively cheap. 20 box for 22 - 25 dollars. Has anyone heard of any other companies manufacturing the Beowulf besides Alexander Arms. The reviews that I have seen have all been good. They say that with a little modification, an AR mag can be used. Alex Arms has a 10rd mag which is plenty. If possible, give me some feedback on other reviews.

tombogan03884

Re: Beowulf 50
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:08:07 PM »
GET it before nov.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »
I have sold a few of the 50 Beowulf and the only mod. the mag requires is the new follower........if you want 100% feeding. We shot the first using the green follower 30rd. GI mags and the system failed twice out of 100rds. but as far as the funfactor is conserned 50 Beowulf made 1gal. water explode like it was carbonated. VERY COOL MAN!

tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

AppleSeed

• AppleSeed
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:45:05 PM »
Yeah Tex, I saw some of the damage done to 1/4 steel plate, cars on"Future Weapons", and ballistics gel. I was wondering if any other companies are making Beowulf ammo? AlexArms may still have the patent rights for a couple more years. I, also, saw that a .223 mag needs a feedlip mod to be able to release the shell. I know the follower needs to be changed for a single stack feed. I would buy Beowulf mags, but just in case it is needed, its nice to know because of the availability of the AR clips. When I order the Beowulf upper, I am definitely going to get the muzzle compensator. AlexArms says that it reduces recoil by almost 40%. That may be a little bit of "salespitch", but I feel with that kind of power anything will help. If it doesn't work, I'm hanging a dumbell from the barrel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk