Author Topic: DPMS 10,000 Round Torture Test !  (Read 8464 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
DPMS 10,000 Round Torture Test !
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »

BAC

Re: DPMS 10,000 Round Torture Test !
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:56:40 PM »
"It's a Marine thing.  You wouldn't understand."  Funny.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:15:37 PM »
This should put to rest all of the mall ninja blather, "If it's not "Top Tier" it's junk". I get so sick of hearing all of their Mil-Spec crap. ARFCOM is saturated with it.  Bill T.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »
mmm, I didn't even watch the whole thing and saw him clearing a jam.  I've got a DPMS, and their quality IS nice.  But it's still an AR platform.  :(

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 07:20:51 PM »
The jam was caused by the gun going dry from lack of lubrication. He said that at the end. It ran fine after some oil was applied.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:59:12 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 07:45:22 PM »
Now let me get this straight.   This was a direct impingement system?    Right?   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
After building my AR, being a brand whore, and seeking advice from other knowledgeable folks here, I have had an epiphany.

1) I can build an uber reliable AR for less than $600. (Mine was around $900, but hey,...)

2) They are a mil-spec, aka,....57 Chevy when it comes to parts.

3) DPMS, uses Stag, Armalite, specs, shared by a host of other AR manufacturers. They will work.

4) If you want a 16" Carbine AR, that simply works, it can be built to take care zombies.

5) If you want a tack driver, spend more money.

6) Never was an AR super fan, (why I bought a Sig 556 in Feb. 08),...but realized the utility of a lightweight 5.56 that was easy to maintain, repair, and have spare parts for.

DPMS, gets their stuff right for the application. You want Noveske? POF? LWRC? LMT? etc,... than you have to pay.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Dittoes to TW. I obviously haven't fired ten thousand rounds (if I could afford to, figuring $.30 per round, I'd own something better). Still, for the $650ish I paid for their el cheapo Sportical, it goes bang every time, eats anything I feed it and since I bought it,, I haven't cleaned it (my own torture test). I've dumped less than 500 rounds through it, but it hasn't even seen a bore snake. They all hit a playing card at 100 yards and they are all el cheapos. PMC, Lake City, and Remington green box. This isn't because I'm a slob, its because I wanted to trust the gun. I do. I've taken it down twice. No rust at all, despite living in a swamp. When it gets its first dose of Hoppes #9 it wil be grateful, but after months of range trips with no more TLC than a wipedown with a silicon rag, I trust DPMS. I didn't when I bought it, biut I do now. I will trust my life to it. It may not be a Glock or an AK, but I'm happy with it. It was money well spent, and what more can you say.
FQ13

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 11:54:38 PM »
I have carried Colts and owned a Bushmaster and now a DPMS. I really like the DPMS. Of course I would get cooked over hot coals for saying that on another forum so I just keep to myself about my AR. I have fired probably a thousand rounds or more through it with no hiccups. It is as reliable as my Glocks.
Been thinking about getting another one. I just find it ridiculous to pay over $1,000 for a AR. I remember the price in the Air Force for an M16 was $250 in 1989. That is if you lost it. If we lost a round we had to pay for it. They were .07 cents for 5.56mm.
My Bushmaster cost me $900. The DPMS cost me almost $800. Both are fine firearms. The price of a Daniel Defense, LWRC or Larue blow me away. Been thinking about picking up a Rock River Arms, Stag Arms or a Smith and Wesson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk