Author Topic: Making Mike's life hard!  (Read 9474 times)

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Making Mike's life hard!
« on: January 03, 2009, 08:45:23 PM »
Will all due appologies to Mr. Bane, Marshal, and Marshalette.

The 2009 Shot Show is coming up and I have to ask.

What would you like to see our intrepid trio cover at the show?  A specific maker?  A specific gun or accessory?

I'd like to see what Kel Tec is doing with the RFB bullpup rifle they've been working on.

What about you?

(I know guys...  Can Opened.  Worms everywhere.  Sorry.)

tombogan03884

Re: Making Mike's life hard!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »
Cannon Safes  ;D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:38:21 PM »
Cannon Safes  ;D

MB in his gansta outfit (blue hoodie with the yellow rubber duckie) and the cannon dial around his neck.

Also the MB memorial commemorative Para that was discussed months ago.

Masada/Bushmaster whatever status

Anything Sig-related
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »
Make your suggestions, but believe me the 3 M's are already way ahead of us, and keeping things they already know, close to the vest, I don't know how it is now, but the times I've been to SHOT, the word was if you saw everything, you could only spend 70 seconds per booth, so guys like me skipped all the tree stands, most of the clothing, ATV's, etc... so I could spend time with something or someone I really wanted to know about. People like Uncle Jeff and his gracious wife, Massad Ayoob, Bill Jordan, Evan Marshall, Jim Clark Sr, Col. Charles Askins,  I'm much more glad I could get 5 minutes of their time, than spending mine at the tree climbing deer stands, no offense to the stand makers.  What I'm trying to say is let the 3 M's do what they have in mind, and we will be happy with the results. I have no doubt the Keltec booth is one of them ;D Remember the Magpul video from last year with the foldaway glock carbine/sub gun, that will never be made.  8) They already have info we don't have about the new cool stuff, and a lot of what gets filmed may not be when SHOT is open. ;)
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 10:17:13 PM »
"Uncle Jeff and his gracious wife, Massad Ayoob"   ;D  I know I read it wrong but got a grin out of it anyway.  :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:28:22 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »
"Uncle Jeff and his gracious wife, Massad Ayoob"   ;D  I know I read it wrong but got a grin out of it anyway.  :)

Had to read that one twice myself!  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »
JF, as Roy Buchanan use to say, " your not broke, but your severely bent "  ;) and I guess the others were his younger wives? Tread lightly on Uncle Jeff.

I was extremely lucky that I went to the Peterson Publishing booth several times over the 4 days of the show and looking for the Col. and the last time, the man at the booth said wait a minute and went into the room behind him, came back out and said, yes Jeff Cooper is here and will speak with you, friend and I went into said room and got 30 minutes with Uncle Jeff and Mother Jan, highlight of my and my friends life, He signed a 1964 guns and ammo that I had with that famous picture of him coming to a crouch after jumping down from a trail, with the 1911 at an FBI crouch and him in his dress trousers and military blouse. Ah, wonderful, somewhere in my abode is that magazine in a plastic ziplock bag, I do really need to find it. If you people are REAL NICE,  I'll take a picture of it and post it.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:23 PM »
I'm not making any promises, but I'd like to see the picture.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 12:02:11 AM »

Yeah, a semi-colon was in order there, lol
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 06:37:00 AM »
Yeah, a semi-colon was in order there, lol

Glad I wasn't the only one that read it that way.

BTW, it looks like my 12-steps with Grammarians Anonymous is working, as I am working to overcome the tendency to correct people's writings, spelling and grammar. Based on this post, I may have to start over at step 1.  >:(

;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk