Author Topic: I don't know whether to laugh or cry...  (Read 1115 times)

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:29:48 PM »
Stroudsburg man indicted in Sciota bank robbery attempt
January 15, 2009 6:00 AM

A federal grand jury indicted a Stroudsburg man for the Jan. 8 attempted robbery of a First National Bank of Palmerton branch in Sciota.

Luke Radick, 21, entered the bank's vestibule carrying a shotgun with the intent of robbing the bank, according to the indictment.

The bank's specially designed double locking doors prevented the assailant from entering the bank, according to police and witnesses.

The branch is located next to the entrances for Route 33, making it a tempting target for thieves.

The indictment resulted from an investigation conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Pennsylvania state police. Radick was arrested shortly after fleeing the Sciota bank, when he was spotted by police at a Reeders gas station. He was taken into custody without incident.

If convicted, Radick faces up to 25 years in prison, a three-year term of supervised release, a fine of up to $250,000; and a $100 special assessment for the attempted bank robbery and a consecutive sentence of at least five years in prison and up to life in prison; a $250,000 fine; five years of supervised release; and a $100 special assessment for the firearms charge, according to Martin Carlson, U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Francis Sempra is prosecuting the case.

They're adding a tax on crime...
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk