Author Topic: The Enemy Within  (Read 1506 times)

1776 Rebel

The Enemy Within
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »
I wonder some times how America will fall. By what process will such a mighty nation find itself face down in the soil. How will it come to such a demeaning end? I've spent over half a century now in this country. I've seen lots of the good and bad within its borders. Men who do evil. Who injure the innocent. They make the headlines. Their notoriety strikes fear into fellow citizens. That fear leads one to believe that such will destroy the nation. I do not think so. What will is ignorance and sloth. That is the way to ruin.

We look back to the evil of the treatment of blacks in America just a few decades ago. Men of good will rose to proclaim that all men are created equal. It was the easier path to ignore the treatment of our fellow citizens. It would have been easy. A preacher said stand up. Stand up and make your voice heard! It didn't happen overnight but soon others joined together, and together they saw victory. Next week a black man will be sworn in as President of this nation. Whether he will be good or bad for this nation is irrelevant. He stands as a victory come from solidarity. When Jews in the Warsaw ghetto banded together they took a stand. Just a handful of men but they took a stand. It would have been oh so much easier to just get on the railroad cars. When a generation saw the world in flames they stood up and fought. They took back a world from the edge of insanity.

We are a community that recognizes the worth and value of the Second Amendment. Not a right from government. A right that transcends government. But we tolerate those among us that fail to take a stand. That do nothing to protect a sacred right. I find that offensive. I refuse to be silent while my rights are taken away. I also refuse to be silent while others profit from my actions and in turn fail to defend my inheritance. I will not allow myself to be lulled into a feeling of Kum By Ya. Live and let live. Those who are ignorant of the trouble we as a community are in, or who are too lazy to help defend it are the enemy. The enemy within. They sap our strength as we fight the battle from two sides. They cause dissention among the community as they argue to stand down or turn away. The effort isn't just perfect. Not quite the way they want it. It is this that will finally destroy this nation. This will assure the loss of our transcendent right. Slowly but surely, piece by piece, it will be dismantled. We will turn to our own and find we have no support for the battle. No hand to hold us up when we are weakened. In the end we will look to see who was to blame. But how sad. It will have been our brothers in arms, our friends, associates. We will know the face of the enemy. It will not be a stranger. It will be family.

tombogan03884

Re: The Enemy Within
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »
That is awesomely well written, and sums up the sad truth WOW.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk