Author Topic: Federal Reciprocity  (Read 9603 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 881
Federal Reciprocity
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »
I have been thinking the last week, while driving, about a push for Federal Reciprocity for Carry Permits.  I know we are in an election cycle, and this is a big piece of legislation, but when is a better time for grassroots to start something?

Can we as members here, the few who are actively left, you lurkers are welcome as well, start a conversation and prepare for a concerted effort to get our federal elected officials in both the House and Senate to act?

How difficult could it be to start?  Here are some basics I though of already:

1.  Every state must offer a Permit to Carry (please, please, please to not label this "concealed");
2.  Each state dictates their own training requirements;
3.  Federal age for Permit to Carry is 21;
4.  States will be limited to restrictions on carry:
      a.  Private citizen can ban from their personal property;
      b.  Business must allow carry;
      c.  Public areas must allow carry;
      d.  Public buildings (governmental control and use) will only be allowed limited denial;
      e.  State may ban open carry, but unintentional exposure of firearm will not be a crime
5.  Your Permit to Carry is controlled by your home state, but is recognized by all states;
6.  Uniformity on disclosure to law enforcement

Your thoughts?*

* Do not go into a rant that this will never happen!
This is how our nation was formed, and how our government is supposed to act.  We as citizens, and the true government, can do this if we choose.  To paraphrase, steal, rewrite, a phrase from someone somewhere:  No idea or movement is impossible or dead as long as there is one idiot willing to fight for it.  We have plenty of freedom loving idiots on here.  Are we willing to fight for this?

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Federal Reciprocity
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »
While I am all for allowing carry with out a permit.   I do very much believe in laws like texas 3006.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
I agree that we should have both purchase and carry without permits.  Mark our ID that our Rights are restricted, but don't force us to earn our existing Rights.

As far as restricted carry by property owners, I addressed this in my list:  You can deny in your home or private property, but a business cannot, and the government cannot on public property or most government buildings and facilities.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 03:45:25 PM »
Reciprocity?   Reciprocity? 

First file bills that overturn all federal gun control laws and nullifies state/local laws, then I'll talk about some compromise.   

Let's see.  First year I'll compromise by overturning all state and local gun laws.  Then the next overturn the 1934 NFA and 1938 FFA  Then next year well compromise on overturning 1968 till present. 

Oh and reciprocity?   Total waste of paper and ink.  Shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

Sorry.  </rant>
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »
My purpose for this is that a permit answers their laziness in putting criminals away or marking our ID's, and the idea of nationwide reciprocity would nullify all the weenie restrictions.

By the way, my proposed plan would make all states Shall Issue.

Once we get this done, we go after the act of '34!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:33:53 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 07:12:57 PM »
..... marking our ID's,

A nationwide database of concealed carriers?  What could possibly go wrong with that?

Sorry, I'm just in a very snarky mood over this and the election right now.   Probably stay this way until November. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »
I am actually for marking ID's, and I have brought it up many times.

Why do we have all the different layers of proving we can do something, when the government can just mark our ID that we are denied - Just like they do for driving when you must have a restriction or have lost the privilege for some reason.  You aren't allowed to have or carry a firearm, the ID says so.  Background checks solved, lists of who does nonexistent, available to any law enforcement or those who need to know with a simple ID check.  Want to sell a gun at a gun show - Show me your ID and hand it over.

My reason for the permit is that it will be easier to sell a permit than Constitutional recognition of what was intended - Baby steps, but always forward.  That is how abortion became a Right, sexual choice became a special class, and how we have lost the Second Amendment.  Baby steps is how we gave it up!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 10:21:02 PM »
I agree that we should have both purchase and carry without permits.  Mark our ID that our Rights are restricted, but don't force us to earn our existing Rights.

As far as restricted carry by property owners, I addressed this in my list:  You can deny in your home or private property, but a business cannot, and the government cannot on public property or most government buildings and facilities.
businesses are a must for me. Most business owner spend more time there then at home at.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 11:04:01 AM »
What ID are we talking about? 

If it is just for gun owners, I don't like it.

If it is a national ID that everyone must carry, I don't like that much either...but not I like it more than a Gun Owner ID.

But I do see that some type of ID is virtually active anyway.

I have a driver's license and I'd bet every law enforcement agency has some type of access to it.

Perhaps an ID that incorporates them all...Driver's License notations....just NOT for owning a gun....put the restrictions on it regardless if the holder is a gun owner or not

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 11:20:51 AM »
National reciprocity should be the 2nd Amendment, period.

The 4th amendment says so...  and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,...."

So, the 2nd grants the right, the 4th protects it with due process.  Owning a firearm and carrying it across state lines, SHOULD already exist unless and until the Fed can determine that the 4th is void due to criminal history or other violations for any given citizen of the United States of America.

Remember Gowdy's route of the "no fly list" to the pinhead trying to explain it?  Same thing...what other right is restricted without due process?

None...at least not yet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk