Author Topic: Federal Reciprocity  (Read 9599 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
Re: Federal Reciprocity
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 11:53:55 AM »
Solus, Your driver's license

TAB, Then we go back to allowing business to allow s.oking, ignore ADA, and segregation is legal again
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »
Count me with Timothy.
"Shall not be infringed" shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.
As for marking licenses, sure, lets have an instant list of every gun owner in the nation. It worked out so well in 1930's Germany didn't it.
No compromise, EVER.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:15 PM »
First, turn up your comprehension and note that I Sai mark your I'd if you are inelligable, and permit for those who are, if we go there.  I never said list of or registry of those who have and do participate.

I agree with you and Uncle Ted, we have our permits already in the Constitution.  However, do you think that in this climate we could go that far from where we are today in a single step in the next 18 months?

Get the entire nation open to carry, repeal 1934 and some other crap, then when the streets still aren't running red with blood, Constitutional 2nd Amendment.

However, first things first.  We need to take the gift handed us this weekend of total lack of respect for the law (insert Jackie here), and her total lack of respect for the American public and run Hillary out of here on a rail!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 01:23:18 PM »
Solus, Your driver's license

TAB, Then we go back to allowing business to allow s.oking, ignore ADA, and segregation is legal again
I am ok with that actually.   If thats what the owner wants, there is this wonderful thing called socail media, any business that does it will be publicly shamed and go under.

Ps as an expert when it comes too ada, trust me its a load of crap.  They change things on a 3 year cycle.   The last cycle they changed the braille requirements.  Everything had to be grade 1. Not 2 ( grade 1 is the alphabet, grade 2 is simple short hand, yeah I didn't know either)   there was such an up roar from the. Lind community, that they changed it back last year....  now I personally installex 600k worth in signs and recommend another 2.8 million worth thru consulting... guess where they are all now?  It was done twice.  Then there was the hotel light switch height change of 2 "   that they made not for new construction, but all existing rooms,  long story ahort 8 billon with a n estimated cost to retro fit, thankfully. The hotels sued and won.   Now there is the proposed transgender bathrooms...you don't want too know what thats going to cost.  Rough estimates  have seen are any where from 15- 40k per stall to comply.

Don't even get me started on "drive by lawsuits"
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 02:09:06 PM »
Any indication on your license is a de facto registration.
And yes, with Trump winning the election I think it's the perfect time to go for all the marbles.
THERE IS NO ANTI GUN MOVEMENT.
What there is, is Micheal Bloomberg, George Soros, the Dem party and their astro turf front groups.
I'll compromise on one thing, any business that wants to can put up "no guns " signs.
BUT they are legally responsible for providing adaquet on site security.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:13:08 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 04:08:40 PM »
First, turn up your comprehension and note that I Sai mark your I'd if you are inelligable, and permit for those who are, if we go there.  I never said list of or registry of those who have and do participate.

I agree with you and Uncle Ted, we have our permits already in the Constitution.  However, do you think that in this climate we could go that far from where we are today in a single step in the next 18 months?

Get the entire nation open to carry, repeal 1934 and some other crap, then when the streets still aren't running red with blood, Constitutional 2nd Amendment.

However, first things first.  We need to take the gift handed us this weekend of total lack of respect for the law (insert Jackie here), and her total lack of respect for the American public and run Hillary out of here on a rail!

I get what you're saying M, but...we can't get voters identified at the polls with an ID of any kind!  What makes you think that marking a DL with some disqualifying mark would get past those that fight voter ID?  How about the sex offender registry?  How about drunken assholes who drive with or without a license.  How about those people that are just plain assholes? 

Reminds me of a Carlin joke..  "all drivers should have one of those suction cup dart guns and when someone cuts you off on the highway, you shoot their bumper with one of those little darts.  When they have ten darts on their bumper, the cops pull them over and give 'em a ticket for being an asshole!"

Paraphrasing Carlin...

I'm not saying anything is a bad idea but though we own congress now, we may not tomorrow..  I hope I'm wrong..

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »
You know, disqualifies on any ID will be just as effective as background checks through an FFL.  Criminals will neither buy through a FFL or anyone who wants to check their ID...

I guess having it in place for honest folks might grease the rails for national reciprocity though...

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
Side note...  And I'm not defending the People's Republic of MA...

EVERYONE in MA  who possess a MA LTC (License to Carry) is PRE-qualified to buy a long gun or handgun!  Without one, an FFL, gun show seller, et al. won't even allow you to handle a firearm in a gun store or anywhere, nor will they allow you to buy ammunition or accessories!

I recently had to show my LTC to buy a speedloader for my wheel gun at Cabela's..

Thoughts?

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 08:01:58 AM »
First thought is "Mass sux".

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 09:00:29 AM »
Tru dat, Tom!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk