Author Topic: What do you think  (Read 10144 times)

tombogan03884

Re: What do you think
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 09:45:25 AM »
Actually, you 2 both need to go back and double check that, BwHOre was going to pull out of Iraq (where the surge worked ) and increase troop strengths in Afghanistan . To accomplish his stated goal of ... What ?
Now the "No blood for oil" candidate is trading American blood for Libyan iol that goes to who ? France ? For what possible objective ?

Full Auto, You do realize that you are agreeing with FQ who is consistently wrong, on politics, right ?
Do you want to rethink that stuff ?
I would.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 10:58:58 AM »
Some time it has to stop.   Some time we have to stop voting for Lizards just so the wrong Lizard doesn't get in.

We all mostly agree that both the Republican and the Democrats are the Lizards....neither do what needs to be done for the country but instead work for what THEY need...and they both pretty much need the same thing.

Some time we have to vote for other than the Lizards.....and until we start doing that, more and more of us each election, we will keep putting a Lizard in.  If you want things to change, you need to change the things you do.

I have stated before that I am a Libertarian.  I know they have some views I don't agree with, but I feel it will be easier to work from their platform to what I prefer than to ever be able to work the Republican or Democrat platform to anything close to what I prefer.

That said, generally I will vote for a Libertarian candidate, even knowing they will lose, because it will make a bit of difference and perhaps make the Libertarians job easier in gaining ballot access for the next election.  Much of the Libertarian resources are spent just gaining ballot access each election due to the overwhelming restrictions and qualifications imposed by the Republican and Democratic law makers..  However, I voted for McCain last election because I felt Obama would bring so much more destruction to our country than the standard candidate of either other party.  My vote was wasted anyway.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 11:33:45 AM »
Unless your "Libertararian" ( any 3rd Party )  has a huge lead you might as well vote Dem.
How does He/She get a huge lead ? By winning Primaries.
Oh, wait,there are no 3rd parties in primaries, it's either R or D, if you aren't registered one or the other you don't vote in primaries.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2011, 11:40:56 AM »
Unless your "Libertararian" ( any 3rd Party )  has a huge lead you might as well vote Dem.
How does He/She get a huge lead ? By winning Primaries.
Oh, wait,there are no 3rd parties in primaries, it's either R or D, if you aren't registered one or the other you don't vote in primaries.

It is possible for a minor party to have a primary, but again, you  have to fight the two "established" parties to do so.  Just doing the same ol' same ol' won't get it done. 

From a news article.

This is the first year minor parties have been allowed to participate in the Primary Election thanks to a 2008 Ohio Appeals Court ruling and a 2009 directive by the Ohio Secretary of State.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 11:44:23 AM »
Only if we were both idiots. Live and learn tt. :-[ Here's the thing. I support FA's call for Ron Paul. He's not going to compromise. Thing is, he's not going to win either. A libertarian/conservative voting for him is like a liberal voting for Nader. Its a dumb move. HOWEVER......in the primaries, you CAN vote your conscience and hope the party gets the hint. In the general, you vote for the least bad option. I like Ron Paul until he gets weird (a return to the gold standard and recalling all overseas based US troops, plus the anti-choice thing). Sorry, I take a step back. Still, supporting who you want in a primary is a good thing and I hope people don't vote for "winners" (channeling Charlie Sheen) as dictaded by the Party elite. Otherwise its Hailey Barbour vs Mitt Rommney in the final round.
FQ13

I can't argue with much you've said here.  Dammit.  ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 10:27:33 AM »

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 07:00:51 PM »
Full Auto, You do realize that you are agreeing with FQ who is consistently wrong, on politics, right ?
Do you want to rethink that stuff ?
I would.
Touche... ;D But I prefer to think Quaker is agreeing with me, not the other way around..... ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk