Author Topic: 2012 DNC platform plank on firearms  (Read 9328 times)

tombogan03884

Re: 2012 DNC platform plank on firearms
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »
In NH all you need for a private transfer is funds to pay for the item.
Me is the same .
Funny thing is we don't have any where near the crime that Ma. has .

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »
Me is the same .

Come on Tom!  It's only a crime if you get caught....you can even leave bodies littering the streets here!  No one's going to jail for it and if they do, the taxpayer will buy them a shiny new vagina!

>:( >:(

Gangbangers are exempt from the Firearms Bureau paper work, they're functionally illiterate anyway!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 09:39:44 AM »
Me is the same .

Same for GA.

As a side note, I wish the whole state would adopt the stance of Kennesaw, Ga.......and require folks to own guns. If BHO can do it with healthcare, we can do it with firearms.

From a 2007 WND article:

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild West” showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

The crime rate initially plummeted for several years after the passage of the ordinance, with the 2005 per capita crime rate actually significantly lower than it was in 1981, the year before passage of the law.

Prior to enactment of the law, Kennesaw had a population of just 5,242 but a crime rate significantly higher (4,332 per 100,000) than the national average (3,899 per 100,000). The latest statistics available – for the year 2005 – show the rate at 2,027 per 100,000. Meanwhile, the population has skyrocketed to 28,189.

By comparison, the population of Morton Grove, the first city in Illinois to adopt a gun ban for anyone other than police officers, has actually dropped slightly and stands at 22,202, according to 2005 statistics. More significantly, perhaps, the city’s crime rate increased by 15.7 percent immediately after the gun ban, even though the overall crime rate in Cook County rose only 3 percent.

Today, by comparison, the township’s crime rate stands at 2,268 per 100,000.

This was not what some predicted.

http://www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
Actually you really could according to the SCOTUS ruling on Obama care. All you'd need to do is set the requirement of gun ownership and then say that if you didn't own one that a special tax would be applied to you to purchase a fire arm for you. Of course, the fire arm would have to be delivered. But according to the Court, it would fall with the tax levying powers of a municipality as it was for a legitimate public good, maintaing public safety . And wouldn't that just piss the antis off? Not a damn thing they could say about it either. ;D
FQ13

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »
Actually you really could according to the SCOTUS ruling on Obama care. All you'd need to do is set the requirement of gun ownership and then say that if you didn't own one that a special tax would be applied to you to purchase a fire arm for you. Of course, the fire arm would have to be delivered. But according to the Court, it would fall with the tax levying powers of a municipality as it was for a legitimate public good, maintaing public safety . And wouldn't that just piss the antis off? Not a damn thing they could say about it either. ;D
FQ13

Not that it would keep them from trying.  ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:44:04 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »
Keeping in mind that the purpose and reasoning behind the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution is that we just came out of a war to gain our independence from a tyranical entity that was waged mostly with private arms and ammunition;  that these arms used in the Revolutionary War were not only mostly privately owned and held, but they were also state of the art weapons of war and "mass destruction; that through history it has been hunting, recreational shooting and competition that has groomed our best military marksman; and at many times it has also been private firearm collections that were donated and/or lent to the military to keep the effort moving forward (note the loss of British weapons on D Day that were replenished by private collections, and the practice today of private citizens providing sidearms for our soldiers not issued those arms).

I propose the following "Plank" for DRTV:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

PERIOD!

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
It can be argued that Congress is required to provide at least an AR and training to every one required to register for selective service.

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 8 - Powers of Congress

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be enforced"

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
That used to be the case. Back in Merry Olde, the peasants were part of the militia and were required to assemble on the green and practice archery on prescribed days. In the colonies and early republic, the militia was comprised of able bodied men who were to provide for themselves, and maintain, a musket and a fixed amount of rounds and to muster periodically.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
It can be argued that Congress is required to provide at least an AR and training to every one required to register for selective service.

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 8 - Powers of Congress

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall be enforced"

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »
In Colorado you have to do the 4473 danced to buy any gun from anybody at a gun show.  Private party sales (not at a gun show) are not thus restricted.  Here the antis call it the "private sales" loophole.  And it is all about control.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk