Poll

Who did the best in terms of facts AND style?

Palin
19 (82.6%)
Biden
0 (0%)
Not Sure
0 (0%)
Don't Care
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 05, 2008, 09:38:11 PM

Author Topic: VP Debate: "Greasy" Joe vs. "Saintly" Sarah  (Read 3446 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: VP Debate: "Greasy" Joe vs. "Saintly" Sarah
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »
I keep thinking that people will come to their senses and actually LOOK at Obama, but I'm worried deep down that it's not gonna happen. They keep hearing how McCain is for heavy de-regulation and then they look at this economic mess, and it's just plain discouraging. I don't think the Republicans have done a very good job of hanging responsibility for this mess on the Democrats, for which they bear a SUBSTANTIAL amount of responsibility.
It's a scary deal.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
I keep thinking that people will come to their senses and actually LOOK at Obama, but I'm worried deep down that it's not gonna happen. They keep hearing how McCain is for heavy de-regulation and then they look at this economic mess, and it's just plain discouraging. I don't think the Republicans have done a very good job of hanging responsibility for this mess on the Democrats, for which they bear a SUBSTANTIAL amount of responsibility.
It's a scary deal.

Don't let them sh!t you Jay, 1) the majority of this" mess" stems from 2 things, an artificially high housing market, and media hype. I posted on another thread that only 2% of mortgages are being repossessed and 6% are behind on payments, in other words 92% of the housing mortgages are perfectly sound, the only "problem" is that housing values have been climbing steadily for years and have reached a point where they need to balance with actual value.
2) The 8% of loans that ARE in trouble would never have been issued if it were not for Dem medeling in the regulatory process. Deregulation must be a good thing is the argument I use on everyone I then ask them to name ONE instance where govt. interference actually Fixed a problem, so far no one has had an answer for me. 

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:16:26 PM »
Setting personal preference aside for a moment, if that's possible, I must say that both candidates impressed me in the debate.  For Senator Biden, getting through an entire 90-minutes without leaving a complete set of his own footprints on his tongue might be a personal best.  He even managed to "look Presidential" (whatever the hell THAT means), while spouting "facts" that he KNEW to be complete bullshit, on several ocassions during the debate.

Governor Palin, on the other hand, won the debate, in my opinion, for one reason alone.  She demonstrated to the American people that when she speaks, she talks "to" them, not "at" them.  Senators Biden and Obama, on the other hand are MASTERS of talking "at" the American people, in an arrogant and condescending "we know what's best for you" manner.  Governor Palin demonstrated herself to be a plain-spoken Jolene Six-Pack typical American who can be expected to shake the shit out of Washington and see what falls out.  For those of us who are sick to death of politics as usual, Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air.

I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk