Author Topic: Gun Laws are Softening  (Read 1655 times)

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gun Laws are Softening
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:19:59 AM »
Hear is a new article  on Gun Laws in Parade magazine. Please take the poll at the end. It looks like  may be the country is going in the right direction.

http://www.parade.com/news/intelligence-report/archive/despite-recent-violence-gun-laws-are-softening.html

Despite Recent Violence, Gun Laws Are Softening
Thirteen killed at an immigration center in New York. Eight at a nursing home in North Carolina. Five in a house in California. These were among the 57 people killed in mass shootings in a 30-day period this spring in the U.S. Meanwhile, new laws are easing restrictions on guns.  

Congress recently approved a bill to allow guns in national parks. Tennessee has passed similar measures for its state parks. In South Carolina, a bill under debate would allow weapons on school grounds. Texas may welcome guns into bars. In Montana, a new law requires landlords and hotel owners to allow firearms on their premises.

The bills' supporters say these measures may actually help head off greater violence. "Crime can happen anywhere," says Andrew Arulanandam of the National Rifle Association. "The only thing that can stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun. Law enforcement can't be everywhere, so law-abiding people should have as many options as possible if and when they are attacked."

Should states loosen restrictions on guns?
Yes
No
View Results

Gun-control advocates argue that weakening laws is disastrous. While it wouldn't necessarily lead to more mass shootings, they say, it would almost certainly increase the number of gun-related murders in the U.S. There are currently more than 11,500 each year, and America has one of the world's highest firearm homicide rates. Per capita, our rate is 39 times greater than that of England, 13 times Australia's, and
6 times Canada's.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Gun Laws are Softening
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk