Author Topic: No more Outdoor Channel  (Read 10411 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: No more Outdoor Channel
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »
On dish I get the Outdoor Channel, Sportsmans Channel, and Pursuit Channel all right next to each other. Kind of pricey but I get all the channels but none of the movie channels.
Us old folks stick together!  We have the same package as you, and it is nice to be able to find a full choice of hunting, fishing, shooting, ..., or old westerns on the Encore choices whenever I get time to sit down.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »
Have never watched Al Jazeera but it could be they are more accurate because their agenda is helped by being truthful
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 02:20:49 PM »
For me it's a case of literally not knowing what I'm missing. I have basic cable from Comcast and if I try to put it on the outdoor channel it tells me not authorized or something like that. I watch too much TV as it is so maybe it's a good thing I don't get it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 02:48:52 PM »
For me it's a case of literally not knowing what I'm missing. I have basic cable from Comcast and if I try to put it on the outdoor channel it tells me not authorized or something like that.

That's what mine always said......... Until the other day. Now I'm getting it, and then I read this thread that say's it's no more. Go figure.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 03:06:05 PM »
Verizon opted to keep Al Jazeera and drop OUTDOOR CHANNEL.

Think about that when you consider your mobile phone service…

Michael B

one of the best biz choices I ever made was droping them for a different carrier.   I currently have 7 phone( person, biz and my nonfporfit)   lets just say I pay less for all 7 then I did for 3.  its a joke.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:20:23 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »
I have Consumer Cellular. So you know I'm a retired old fart.  ;D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
I have Consumer Cellular. So you know I'm a retired old fart.  ;D

What do you know...I been looking for a no frills cell phone provider for a few weeks now.

This afternoon, about 1 hour before you post, I signed up with Consumer Cellular.

No data plan, low monthly minutes.  It will be off most of the time.   Take it with me when I drive any distance in case of a break down and when I know I will need a phone where none will be available.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 08:33:56 PM »
What do you know...I been looking for a no frills cell phone provider for a few weeks now.

This afternoon, about 1 hour before you post, I signed up with Consumer Cellular.

No data plan, low monthly minutes.  It will be off most of the time.   Take it with me when I drive any distance in case of a break down and when I know I will need a phone where none will be available.

i have had metro pcs for years, no issues you can get a basic unlimited talk and text for $25  and unlimited 4g for $60   that's taxes and fees included.  I had 7 lines with them so I get them at $5 less per line so it helps.  the only thing that sucks is if you are in a area that has only att towers you can't get data, but that is extremely rare.  in my travels to almost every state I have only found 2 places like that, both were not often traveled interstates.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 05:25:12 AM »
The only thing I've found with Consumer Cellular is my data miraculously goes up, even when I don't use my phone. My wife uses hers more, (surf's on Google, etc.), and by the end of the month, both of our data is near the maximum. (The little bar goes from green to yellow, then finally to red when it's close to max.). I think it tries to get you to go over so they can sell you a bigger plan.

The only thing I'll use data for on the phone once and a while, is to remote start my new Jeep with a App. I put in from Chrysler. Even that uses very little. It a racket. I'm going to try leaving the phone off, turning it on just to use it to make a call, and see what happens. Probably the same thing.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 11:42:32 AM »
billt,

Is it possible that they are combining yours and your wife's usage?  As she maxes it takes from yours?  I know that with my wife and myself, she is having issues with battery capacity and they talk about how much she uses it.  Thing is that she hardly uses hers, but mine is constantly getting messages from the barns, and I use it to order and track feed.  A local salesman determined that there is a battery issue and is pretty sure that when we call bumfuck egypt with questions they are seeing the account as a single device.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk