Author Topic: This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised  (Read 8529 times)

Timothy

This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 06:52:08 AM »
Years back, after washing damn near every glass we had in the bar on a busy night, my hands looked like prunes, a guy asked me to grab him a brew!  I reached into the cooler, grabbed the Bud, tried to twist off the cap and sliced through the web of my hand when the cap decided it didn't want to twist...

Bloody mess...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Re: This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 12:00:55 PM »
TBH twist off bottle caps do sometimes make a red mark on the web of my hand and hurt just a little but the pain stops almost instantly. Other times it doesn't hurt at all. But if I put my T-shirt over it I get a better grip and it never hurts. I worry about putting a hole in my shirt so I use a bottle opener at home. The wet bottles from the cooler when your hand is wet too are the slippery ones where the shirt really helps. 
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 06:17:38 AM »
The easiest way I have found to open a beer without an opener or a twist off is a twofold procedure:

1. "Honey, bring me a beer."

2. "Thanks."

Simple, and it works almost every time.

Crusader Rabbit

“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 08:00:55 AM »
match sponsors are great people... from the Ft Benning 3 Gun match shooters bag... from the nice folks at LaRue Tactical...

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »
match sponsors are great people... from the Ft Benning 3 Gun match shooters bag... from the nice folks at LaRue Tactical...

Why don't I ever go to the good matches?  All I ever get at the ones I go to are guns and ammo  :-\
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:01:30 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 01:02:48 PM »

An Armatoolo?

;)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »

That should work great for twist off caps but what if you have to pry a cap off? Could you use the edges to do it?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »
Here is the opener I find useful.

Twist off, pry off and even a slot to assist with pull tabs..useful if you are doing a lot of them

https://www.amazon.com/RackHound-RH009-Beverage-Opener-Keychain/dp/B00NC6ZQ6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497812052&sr=8-1&keywords=bev+key
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »
That should work great for twist off caps but what if you have to pry a cap off? Could you use the edges to do it?

The tail is a bottle opener...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »
The tail is a bottle opener...

I was wondering about that. It has an odd shape to it and thought it must work as a bottle opener but wasn't sure how.

ETA: Looking at it again I see the hook of the bottle opener. I didn't even notice it before.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk