Author Topic: Harry Reid and blood pressure  (Read 6018 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Harry Reid and blood pressure
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 03:53:09 PM »
As I understand it, the party leadership gets elected as well. The Trey Gowdy's and Ted Cruz's "Get it" and will make life hell for McConnell.
Now is the time to start a purge of the party.
Time to go Rino hunting.

True...eliminating Rinos is probably more important than eliminating liberals.

This election did do something though.  I showed me there is still a change the ballot box can be used instead of the Ammo Box....BUT, our alternative HAS to be better than what the Republican leadership offers.

I read where Cruz said the Republicans should repeal Obamacare  if at all possible. 

I wanted to go  Yoda and say "There is  no try, only do"

I won't mind at all if the Republicans surprise me.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
and speaking of blood pressure, has anyone see the pictures of Chris Matthews during the election night coverage?

I tried to post one here, but the Insert Image button doesn't work for me any more....like the YouTube stopped working for mt till I was told how to fix that.

Found a link. 

Scroll down to see a series of pictures.  I feel bad for chuckling over someone's obvious misery.

http://twitchy.com/2014/11/05/dont-miss-chris-matthews-election-night-face-that-and-this-sneering-remark-sum-up-lib-tears-photos-of-the-night/

Pick one and we can caption it  "The Thrill is Gone"
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 04:15:22 AM »
I read where Cruz said the Republicans should repeal Obamacare  if at all possible.

That's just it, it's not possible. I hope these guys don't start going down this road. Even if they get the votes, Hussein will veto the repeal. There is no way they'll be able to muster up a 2/3 rds majority to override a Presidential veto. It will amount to more wasted time, and useless fighting that will just piss off the voters who put them in there. The Republicans had better deliver a good, sound message, and make good on it. Set Hussein up as the bad guy. Stop with all of the infighting.

If this thing ends up to be the Mitch McConnell's, John McCain's, and Peter King's, fighting for 2 years with the Ted Cruz's, Rand Paul's, along with the rest of the Tea Party, the Republicans will be decimated in 2016, and the Hildabeast will sashay her fat ass right into 1600 North. People elected these guys in order to get rid of Harry Reid, and get things DONE. If these guys didn't get that message, they're finished before they even get sworn in.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
Don't start celebrating till they are sworn in and have shown their true colors.
The test will be if we are still happy with them this time NEXT year.
How many will stand for America and how many will "reach across the aisle".
There is nothing wrong with reaching across the aisle.  How else could you get your hands around their throats to choke them.   ;D
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 02:23:06 PM »
my election policy is easy, vote them all out and vote for nothing that cost us money.  simple, easy and works
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:40:13 AM »

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 11:52:36 AM »
Hi;

A comment was made on Fox News a few days ago that Reid is soooo pissed at Barry that he ( reid ) can't see straight . What if reid allows some of the stalled House bills that he is sitting on - be voted on in the senate before the republicans take over ?

That would be some payback for Barry having reid lose his control of the senate !

When they had that meeting with barry at the white house - reid just sat there like the chump he felt he was..

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 02:18:52 PM »
That's just it, it's not possible. I hope these guys don't start going down this road. Even if they get the votes, Hussein will veto the repeal. There is no way they'll be able to muster up a 2/3 rds majority to override a Presidential veto. It will amount to more wasted time, and useless fighting that will just piss off the voters who put them in there. The Republicans had better deliver a good, sound message, and make good on it. Set Hussein up as the bad guy. Stop with all of the infighting.

If this thing ends up to be the Mitch McConnell's, John McCain's, and Peter King's, fighting for 2 years with the Ted Cruz's, Rand Paul's, along with the rest of the Tea Party, the Republicans will be decimated in 2016, and the Hildabeast will sashay her fat ass right into 1600 North. People elected these guys in order to get rid of Harry Reid, and get things DONE. If these guys didn't get that message, they're finished before they even get sworn in.

I guess that is the problem I see too.  The Republicans campaigned on a promise they knew they would not have to keep.  Juat as Cruz's statement was just as  hollow.

Well, if they can't repeal it, and they should still try, then they should unfund it.  There are two reasons why might not want to do that...or a mix of both.

One is that they like the power it gives the government over their subjects (and it is even better when they get to reap the rewards and the Dems get the blame), and Two is that now that they are in power, they will do what ever it takes to stay in power.   They will not risk losing votes no matter how badly they have to screw the country to keep/get them.

In addition to all that, the "Unbeatable" power of the Veto means that NOTHING will get done unless it's what Obama wants done.

All in all, it looks like this is just a breather to take the heat off the Dems for the massive destruction they have done to the country but is not going to be anything to undo it at all.  And then the Dems will be back in 2016 to continue where they left off.

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 08:43:36 AM »
It may not be possible to completely repeal Obama care but there are major portions of it that CAN be changed or removed, that will , in effect, gut the whole thing.
It can also be attacked at the state level.

There is nothing wrong with reaching across the aisle.  How else could you get your hands around their throats to choke them.   ;D

Throw rocks.     ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk