Author Topic: Show us your favorite rifle  (Read 25796 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Show us your favorite rifle
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »
Bulletbill, I like your style, not a huge fan of Savage, but I don't poo poo them either, best barrel system on the market for swapping or replacing. They finally fixed the trigger with the accu trigger and good for them. I'm gonna be watching for more from you. ;D
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

bulletbill

• Forum Member
    • 6x47 Lapua
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 07:21:50 PM »
Bulletbill, I like your style, not a huge fan of Savage, but I don't poo poo them either, best barrel system on the market for swapping or replacing. They finally fixed the trigger with the accu trigger and good for them. I'm gonna be watching for more from you. ;D

Thanks.  It was a blast to build.  The rifle will be sent off and have the action and stock nilled to accept the Accuracy International mags.  Hoping to have it done in time for May.  As far as we're aware it will be the first Savage precision target actionmodified to accept mags.  I'll update in the near future.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »
It will be the 1st I have heard of, good luck.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »
Thanks.  It was a blast to build.  The rifle will be sent off and have the action and stock nilled to accept the Accuracy International mags.  Hoping to have it done in time for May.  As far as we're aware it will be the first Savage precision target actionmodified to accept mags.  I'll update in the near future.

Please keep us posted. A report and pics would be wonderful on the finished product.

Good luck on the project.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Cutter68CB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
Here is 1 of 2 of my favorite rifles. It's all built with YHM and Magpul componets with a KNS pin set and EOTech 511. Will get a 4X magnifier and Timney 4lb. in the near future. Had it's 1st trip to the range 2 weeks ago and it ran smooth and shot tight!!! This is the one that goes in my Lock (bug-out) Box in my Jeep...  My other I love to shoot is my Springfield Armory M1A Bush. Enough said on it as it is A great Battle Rifle...
                                                   Carlton
(Prepare for the Worst and Don't always expect the Best!!!)

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 10:11:50 AM »

Walkeraviator

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »
I can afford neither, but the Cheytac and teh 1903A4 are my favprite rifles...

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
Whoa....three way cool rifles in a row...... from opposite ends of the spectrum........
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

BAC

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »
I can afford neither, but the Cheytac and teh 1903A4 are my favprite rifles...

1903A4 - MSRP $995.  Seems like a good deal to me.
http://www.gibbsrifle.com/1903-a4_sniper_rifle.html

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7273185959068799190#

:D
That's really an interesting idea.  It would be great for states that have an AWB and you'd want quick follow up shots
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk