Author Topic: "We have a new President and now some things are going to change"  (Read 16884 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
Re: "We have a new President and now some things are going to change"
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 03:53:41 AM »

I don't think so............... I think he is going to be adored no matter what he does..

I guess time will tell.. but I think if he sprouted horns and tail.. people will find an excuse why he has them and eventually be wanting some of their own.

Why did you say "if"?  Haven't you read the news?   ;D   ;D   ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 12:56:49 PM »

I don't think so............... I think he is going to be adored no matter what he does..

I guess time will tell.. but I think if he sprouted horns and tail.. people will find an excuse why he has them and eventually be wanting some of their own.

I agree.  No matter how badly Barry screws the pooch, it's gonna be Bush's fault.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 07:11:14 PM »
There's going to be some partisan politics, even in the areas that aren't quite as partisan. He is the President now and even though he wasn't who I voted for, I hope that he does as well as possible and that God leads him. I wasn't to excited about any candidates this past election anyway. If he'd just leave guns alone, I'd be happy. He seems to be another one of the "rights of hunters" presidents and I don't believe that AR's were ever used for hunting more than right now, at least outside of California. I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray that we can make it through the next 4 years. I'm praying that God leads him anyway.

I know that the Obiden team says that they want to make the assault weapons ban permanent, but couldn't it always be repealed?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
There's going to be some partisan politics, even in the areas that aren't quite as partisan. He is the President now and even though he wasn't who I voted for, I hope that he does as well as possible and that God leads him. I wasn't to excited about any candidates this past election anyway. ... I'm praying that God leads him anyway.

Agree completely!  However, they have already acted against my beliefs, and they are lined up to attack Christianity (not religion but Christians and Jews to a lesser extent) and guns.  The only reason I raise guns to a level close to religion is that if they can eliminate something as clearly spoken in the Bill of Rights they can do whatever they want with the First Amendment.

I know that the Obiden team says that they want to make the assault weapons ban permanent, but couldn't it always be repealed?

Anything can be repealed, but it is better to never go there in the first place.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 08:45:47 PM »
How true it is.  If Bush were to walk on water tomorrow, the MSM would say it was proof that he couldn't swim.  ;D

And that is the GOSPEL truth!  ;D
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Sponsor

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 09:05:55 PM »
How true it is.  If Bush were to walk on water tomorrow, the MSM would say it was proof that he couldn't swim and his cronies polluted it so bad no one could sink;D

Yours wasn't evil enough to fit the MSM spin, so I fixed it.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
Agree completely!  However, they have already acted against my beliefs, and they are lined up to attack Christianity (not religion but Christians and Jews to a lesser extent) and guns.  The only reason I raise guns to a level close to religion is that if they can eliminate something as clearly spoken in the Bill of Rights they can do whatever they want with the First Amendment.

Anything can be repealed, but it is better to never go there in the first place.
I'm with you. I just assume that generally, when a Dem takes over, that they're automatically going to attack religion.

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 02:06:26 AM »
I to, hope he is as great as he thinks he is.  I have however noticed some unfortunate coincidences.
1) His economic policies are the same ones that did not work for FDR or carter.
2) His foreign policies are the same ones that did not work for Jefferson or carter.
3) He is surrounding himself with the people who caused most of the problems Bush suffered with.
You can complain all you want about his positions on abortion, religion, gays, Israel, etc. WITH OUT GUNS YOUR OPINION MEANS CRAP. with guns, they have to at least PRETEND to listen, which is why they want to get them away from us.

MOLON   LABE

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »
I to, hope he is as great as he thinks he is.  I have however noticed some unfortunate coincidences.
1) His economic policies are the same ones that did not work for FDR or carter.
2) His foreign policies are the same ones that did not work for Jefferson or carter.
3) He is surrounding himself with the people who caused most of the problems Bush suffered with.
You can complain all you want about his positions on abortion, religion, gays, Israel, etc. WITH OUT GUNS YOUR OPINION MEANS CRAP. with guns, they have to at least PRETEND to listen, which is why they want to get them away from us.

MOLON   LABE

That might be the scariest part.
That and the Main Stream Morons along with the sheep don't want to realize that most of the current problems started years ago during the Billary administration.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
The fact that 52% of the voters have their heads in the sand indicates that they WANT the treatment he is going to give them, why else would they have their butts in the air ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk