Author Topic: Upcoming Auctions  (Read 72018 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Upcoming Auctions
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2017, 05:58:01 AM »
Ian at Forgotten Weapons is doing a lever gun history series using the Henry and Winchesters .

tombogan03884

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2017, 07:21:04 AM »
Alf, aren't you going to bid on the Rogak 18 ?
Steyr GB built in the US as interpreted by the Khyber Pass.
Should go cheap.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »
No to the Rogak 18.

Did mean to mention the Crusader is on the C&R list.   Not 50 years old but considered a special collecteable and is specifically C&R'd by the ATF

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2017, 12:21:21 PM »
The Rogak P-18 is supposed to be one of the worst pistols ever made. The parts were so far out of spec that the gas system didn't even work and it was blow-back operated.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »
Lost out in the local auction.  The 10/22 went for $190.   Duh.  FOLKS! Brand new ones are on sale for $199! With The buyer premium it actually cost the buyer $220.  And the S&W M66 went for $690.   Yes it's a first run edition for that model but it's not worth that much.

I'll put some perfunctory bids down at RIA to maintain my buyer status.  I do like the free catalogs they send.

Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #155 on: Today at 04:05:07 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2017, 10:38:26 PM »
I got my 10/22 so long ago that brand new it was somewhere around $63 and change IIRC. Maybe around $70, and it came with a real walnut stock. Now used stocks sell online for more than what the whole gun cost me. If I was to buy a 10/22 at auction I hope I would have sense enough not to pay the new gun price for a used gun.

I went to an estate auction once and bid on a couple of rifles. I remember one being an HK91. There may have been one with a retractable stock and one with a fixed stock but it's been so long I can't remember. They went for a lot more than I was willing to pay. I got a touch of auction fever and bought some 5.56 NATO ammo for more than I should have. Some was Israeli M193 and some was Chinese FMJ. The Chinese ammo jammed pretty bad in my Beta C-Mag in one of my AR15s and I haven't tried the Israeli ammo in it. It all needs to be shot up. The tips of the bullets dragged in the C-Mag but IIRC it worked in GI 30-round mags.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2017, 02:54:04 PM »
I'm back.

RIA Premiere auction going on this weekend.  All "collectible" so no multi-gun lots.   Mostly expensive stuff.  Colt snakes, high end shotguns, etc.  But I found what I want.

IMI/Billistics UZI Sub-Machine Gun with Coastal Gun Silencer, Class III/NFA -A) IMI/Action Arms UZI Carbine, Billistics Incorporated Full Auto Upgrade, Class III/NFA Machine Gun, Fully Transferrable, with Accessories

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/72/2547/billistics-inc-uzi-smg-wcoastal-gun-silencer-class-iiinfa

I'm just short of the suggested beginning price of $6,900 by about $6,800.
Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »
That's out of my league too but it reminds me of something. The semi-auto Uzi carbine they used to make with a 16 inch barrel was only 24 inches long overall with the stock folded. The state of Michigan specifically names it as not being a legal firearm here, but how was that non-NFA legal anywhere? Couldn't it fire with the stock folded putting in the same class as a SBR?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »
Reminds me of when my sister called a few years ago and asked whether with her new smart phone it needed to be totally discharged every week or not.   I told her the logic of charging Li-Ion batteries was so far beyond Ni-Cads and so complex it was not capable of mortal comprehension.    Same with some of the
AOW laws. 

To SBR or not SBR that is the question.
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2017, 07:13:15 AM »
The 1919A4 looked great.  That M16A1 was starting too high in my opinion at $18k unless there is something special about it.   I can't believe how high that Ingram is starting at.  My Class III dealer used to get them by the boxful around $200 each.  If I had only known.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk