Author Topic: Changing Grips On A Sig Handgun (PITA) !  (Read 12393 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Changing Grips On A Sig Handgun (PITA) !
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 05:57:44 AM »
Sig aftermarket grips can interfere with their springs.  Be sure function isn't affected.

Would that be just the magazine or does Sig use grip mounted springs in recoil reduction ?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 06:29:20 AM »

Would that be just the magazine or does Sig use grip mounted springs in recoil reduction ?

Once I had the factory plastic grips off my P-226, I shook it and nothing came loose. The one thing you do have to watch when you start using longer screws like I did, is to be sure they don't protrude into the magazine well far enough to cause the magazine to bind. Mine were nowhere near that long. They barely came flush with the inside of the mag well. Which is just about perfect, giving the most thread contact possible.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 08:54:29 AM »
The slide release, magazine release, and safety work as intended.

Good...  I'd expect that with factory panels.

I've been looking at some Houge grips for my P6 since Sig abandoned the old design, it's my only option.

Timothy

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »

Lots of moving pieces/parts behind the grip panels.  If the recessed back side of the grip isn't to spec, the springs and parts can rub and be a problem.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 09:25:30 AM »
I've been looking at some Houge grips for my P6 since Sig abandoned the old design, it's my only option.

I don't think you'll have any clearance or operating issues with the Hogue grips. If I'm not mistaken, Hogue manufactures all of Sig's wood grips. Much the same way Mec-Gar manufactures all of the OEM magazines for Beretta, Sig, CZ, and many others.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:34:15 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 06:58:20 AM »
Wife just ordered a P938.  I had to order pink Houge grips for her...remembered the screw thing.

Thanks.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »
Somewhere in the dark recesses and cobwebs of my mind, I'll file this away.  But in the forefront I'll probably just remember not to buy a Sig. 

Okay, I will admit, I might get a 320 just to play with and keep up with the DOD.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 05:18:35 AM »
I have spent way too much time on the dark side (Glocks), the 320 is the only sig model that I would buy. I have shot both the 9mm and the .45 acp in the 320 and liked them. Be careful the trigger in the 320 will spoil you rotten.  ;D
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk