Poll

Outside of ammo, do you think we're going to have more widespread shortages over the next several years and possibly beyond?

Yes.
4 (23.5%)
No.
0 (0%)
Yes and food shortages may begin to hit next year.
2 (11.8%)
Yes, food and a lot of other things will be short too.
11 (64.7%)
No.  All of this is temporary.
0 (0%)
No.  There are currently no shortages and there won't be any.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: S H O R T A G E S  (Read 10175 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1444
Re: S H O R T A G E S
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2021, 07:41:04 AM »
A few weeks ago 60 Minutes did a very good job of explaining some of what is happening.

Well, that is a first!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2021, 06:48:39 PM »
Well, that is a first!

I was worried when I saw they were going to address it, but they did a very good job.  They were lax on laying the blame, but they laid out a case that any thinking person could follow.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2021, 07:18:48 PM »
There is a real easy fix for the ports, get rid of port authorities.  The government  could f..k up a glass of water.

If you don't have the capcity. Why are you letting ships weight?   If yiu give a cut off date for ships to sail, saying any whip that left after that date will be denied  entry  into the us until the back log is cleared.  It would fix the problem in a hurry.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2021, 07:37:03 PM »
This is the problem.  These ships came our way faster than the ports could possibly handle them.  The Port Manager did not control the port.  They ran the ships in as fast as possible, without considering that there is more to logistics than just unloading the ships - Like reloading with export goods and/or empty containers destined for other nations, and getting the containers moved around and out of the port.

We have a warehouse manager that I have nicknamed 40K.  This man can put 40,000# in trucks all day long.  It seldom makes any sense, but they are loaded.  We need to watch him and correct often.  He will get so excited about our local trucks that he ignores that trucks that need to be loaded and down the road for a 500 mile trip and meet a set appointment.  This rush for the locals will have him putting 6K in a 12K truck, sending it through a neighborhood, sand ending another 4K in a 12K truck to the same place three hours later.

This is the mentality of the Port Manager.  No sense of what is important.  They see loaded ships backed up as a priority, and forget they have no place to put the containers or equipment to move them.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2021, 09:30:59 PM »
I was worried when I saw they were going to address it, but they did a very good job.  They were lax on laying the blame, but they laid out a case that any thinking person could follow.

Wasn't that where Jon Stossel started out ?

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 12:46:58 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2021, 05:09:11 PM »
Wasn't that where Jon Stossel started out ?

No - 20/20 was his first major move.

tombogan03884

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2021, 06:38:12 PM »
No - 20/20 was his first major move.

Seeing his "gun Control" video was a very pleasant surprise.
The only other good one was Penn and Teller's "Bullshit".

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2021, 01:11:58 AM »
He is one of the few journalists  out there that are actually journalists rather that propaganda  distribution agents.

He is suing face book right now.... what a shock, a guy calling out bs is getting sensored

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2021, 01:26:51 PM »
Found the new shortage.  Woven non asphalt moisture  barrier( aka tar paper, but no tar)

Supposed to get 2 pallets new week... this may just be a weather related issue, but who knows these days.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »
The biggest shortage  of all is people that are skilled...

Still not found a painter that is not better than a "brush hand".  Fired 3 drywall crews already.  Its icf, the walls are way flater than any studed wall... is it too much to ask to not have huge gaps everywhere  and cut outs that have to be fixed by the tapers around the outlets?

So far me/ crew are doing everything, but the electrical, roofing, hvac, taping and carpet.  Out of those, only the tapers are up to my standards.   Every one else I have to check their work to make sure its right.   >:(  so far the hvac guy is next on the hit list... 

I am basically doing all the finish work with a helper or 2. It is slowing us way down.

Oh yeah, my patience for dealing with incompetence  is in very short supply. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk