Author Topic: List of celebrities in NY with carry permits  (Read 4319 times)

tombogan03884

Re: List of celebrities in NY with carry permits
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »
FQ asks a fair and difficult question, I think the simplest solution would be to go to "Shall issue" and keep the list private.
For the "May issue" States, Personal knowledge might be  better grounds for a law suit than a fishing expedition in the records.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
Didn't see John Gotti Jr. on the list,..... ::)

Howard Stern???

Airsoft doesn't count.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 04:18:13 PM »
Fortunately Texas law keeps the names of CHL holders private. In my opinion it should be that way in every state.

Why give the BGs the heads up on which homes to rob that will guarantee that they can steal firearms?

Anyone here know anyone who carries concealed and only owns one gun?

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 04:23:29 PM »
I live in a "may issue" state and to my knowledge, the issuing authority, ie....your local Chief of Police is required to either issue the permit or state in writing the reasons for not allowing the issuance within 45 days of application.  It is THEIR responsibility to tell you why, not your job to find out why.

Even then, state law allows a right to a hearing and arbitration.  I have never heard of anyone who fits the criteria being refused a License to Carry.  As to records, they are kept by the state as are all, repeat, ALL registrations for firearms.  Everything must be registered in Assachusetts.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
I don't think that this is a list of CCW permits. It's a list of permits just to simply own a gun.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:14:31 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 04:32:52 PM »
I don't think that this is a list of CCW permits. It's a list of permits just to simply own a gun.

I don't know about that but Don Imus has stated for years that he carries daily in New York, CT and New Mexico.  The rest, who cares.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »
I think Eric's premise is correct in that such documents should NOT be made public if it endangers lives. The publishing of any list of names and addresses regarding pistol permit holders, in any manner whatsoever, should never be made public....period.  Subpoenaed or not.

Since when did newspapers give a crap about endangering lives.  I have never seen a newspaper appologize for publishing something they shouldn't, only a retraction when they have made an error, such as the wrong name in a picture or something similar.  In my opinion, newspapers consider themselves elitist and publish what they want without regard to the damage it may do.  They also withhold certain stories if the story does not fit their agenda.

Sorry about the rant and bit of thread drift, but news papers in general tend to tick me off.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 06:47:54 PM »
blackwolfe, you got that part about newspapers right.

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=10317.0

Wonder why they are going out of business?

Gun owner database on a newspapers website,....just like a sex offender.....

Freakin Great....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk