Author Topic: The Peoples Seat!  (Read 11836 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Peoples Seat!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 10:17:32 AM »
Obama’s Risky Move To Support Coakley

The Brown vs. Coakley race is stirring a lot of emotions for the Democrats. All week long, the White House took a very arms length approach to the MA special election, and spokesman Robert Gibbs stated several times that the Obama team would not be making an appearance in MA on Coakley’s behalf.

That all changed today with Obama planning a campaign visit to MA on Sunday. That follows a robocall today to MA voters today where he is pleading with them to protect the 60th seat in the Senate so they can finish their cram job of healthcare on the American people.

“I rarely make these calls, and I truly apologize for intruding on your day, but I had to talk to you about the election in Massachusetts on Tuesday, because the stakes are so high,” Obama opens in his robocall. He then goes on to acknowledge the election results on Tuesday will impact the outcome of the health care bill.

This is a very risky move for the Obama team. All eyes are on this race because it is turning out to be a referendum on the Obama administration, the healthcare debate and the liberal Democrat agenda. If Brown wins – even after Obama weighs in on the election – there will be many Democrat members of Congress looking over their shoulder and rethinking their support of the Obama platform. That’s why it is so risky because a Brown victory will turn out to be an Obama defeat.

Even the White House Press Corps is picking up on the importance of this election and the impact it will have on Obama’s agenda. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs met a phalanx of questions today on the risky nature of Obama’s visit: Video at http://conservativeamericannews.com/us-politics/obamas-risky-move-to-support-coakley
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 10:18:18 AM »
Clinton-Obama In MA – Haiti In Turmoil

http://conservativeamericannews.com/us-politics/clinton-obama-in-ma-haiti-in-turmoil

This is really, really rich. Here we have the president of the United States and the Special Envoy to Haiti, both in MA campaigning for Martha Coakley, while the situation in Haiti continues to deteriorate by the hour. Instead of helping out the with dire situation that the Haitians are facing, they are in the midst of an important political battle to save the 60th Democrat seat in the US Senate. It appears they view this election as being more important than the Haitians plight.

These are the same liberal Democrats who were very vocal when the situation in New Orleans was bad, but not nearly as bad as the situation in Haiti. As a comparison, let’s look at the number of deaths in each one. During Katrina there were 1,800 people that died, a large number for a natural disaster, especially in the United States by any measure. But in Haiti, we’re talking about tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of deaths, and many more people that are going to be displaced.

Meanwhile we have the liberal mainstream press praising Obama and his administration for swift action on providing $100 million in aid. Unfortunately, according to many reports, none of that aid has actually reached the Haitian people. I saw a Fox News report today that said it would be Tuesday before some of the emergency items were even being shipped.

Remember during Katrina how George W. Bush and Mike Brown took such a beating by the press and the Democrats? It was unmerciful, even though the overall support was pretty good once the situation on the ground allowed emergency aid to actually get into the hardest hit areas. But even today, we still hear about “Bush’s Katrina” as the defining moment of what many of the opposition see as a failed presidency.

So let’s get back to Obama and Clinton. In the height of this desperate situation in Haiti, Clinton was in MA today campaigning for Martha Coakley, while at the same time he was denigrating the tea party movement, and trying to paint Scott Brown as some sort of fringe right lunatic. Brown is a career military man who by all measures is a fine outstanding citizen who properly represents his constituency, yet Clinton chose to take the low road. But the question I have is, why would Bill Clinton – the Special Envoy to Haiti – be anywhere except in a control situation of the Haiti disaster. Is Clinton and the Democrats that callous, that insensitive, or that stupid?

As far as Obama goes, he was one of the loudest vocal opponents of Bush during Katrina. So give him credit for taken swift action to pledge $100 million of US taxpayer money as Haiti relief, but there has been no other outward appearance of his involvement with any logistical aspect of the Haiti plan. Nope, he’s been meeting behind closed doors with Democrats on the health bill, and planning a trip to MA on Sunday to stump for Coakley.

Where is the hypocrisy?  >:( >:(
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 12:05:19 PM »
Watch out Mr. Brown!  In close elections the democratic machine has a habit of coming out with some lie or contrived issue on Sunday so news can hit the papers and news cycle late in the game an attempt to smear him.  Then the media beats the drum through the election.  They do it so late it is impossible for the candidate to take them off message and there is not enough time to adequately respond.  They do this to stop independent voters from voting for him and to demoralize supporters to impact turn-out.

The Franken campaign did it here in Minnesota in 2008 to Norm Coleman.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:35 PM »
They ran some news footage and a follow on poll after Kennedy's widow and his family endorsed the Croaker....her poll numbers dropped 7 points.   ;D

People are sick of this agenda and I think.....I HOPE we can make this happen.  They continue with the negative adds with NOTHING about her platform and I don't think it's working.  Now with Klintoon here, who's not exactly Obama's favorite person, it's really kinda funny.

Stay tuned.....

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
Well, with Obama in the game, we stand to lose nothing more than we did before he joined, but we now have more to win.

Talk about a election to make popcorn for?

I have heard that the if Brown wins, the official count will be delayed long enough for the health care vote to occur before Brown is seated.   What a stink that will be.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:36:28 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »
I have heard that the if Brown wins, the official count will be delayed long enough for the health care vote to occur before Brown is seated.   What a stink that will be.

Yes, Bill Galvin, the Sec. of State and Election dude, has already made plans (alleged) to delay the final count or use the maximum time allowed to count absentee ballots in order to muck things up.  The saving grace, and already commented upon by Fox News, is that if Brown can win, DNC congressman and senators will bail on the bill in order to salvage their re-election chances in November.

One can hope........as DW say's "Boogity, boogity, boogity!"  lets have'n election!

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »
Good Luck, to the Massachusetts conservatives tomorrow.  Perhaps you can help us all begin to turn the tide.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »
Timothy,
You know "The Machine" up there is going to pull out all of the stops to win. Be very vigilant and don't let them get away with it this time....

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 06:45:07 PM »
I will do my duty as will my family but not for Massachusetts, I'll do it for the United States of America!

Enough is enough!

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 07:00:23 PM »
I will do my duty as will my family but not for Massachusetts, I'll do it for the United States of America!

Enough is enough!

Actually, you'll be doing both - supporting your rights (States Rights) by slapping an unwanted Federal program in the ass while reminding all Federal pols they should be listening to their constituents, not their National Party leaders. That's what the founders wanted, they abhorred the idea of a 'party' over 'individual'.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk