Author Topic: Yes, Levi Strauss is still very anti-gun  (Read 11615 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yes, Levi Strauss is still very anti-gun
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »
I'm guessing FQ wears Levis . . . .   ;)
Whatever's on sale. Levi's, Wrangler's, Lee, Sam's Club Makers Mark. They're all made in the same sweat shop. I just don't drop more than $15-$20 a pair on on jeans.
FQ13

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 07:26:55 AM »
and I'd sell give away shovels to fill it up.

FIFY   ;D

LOL.  No...  I'd sell 'em.  Crusader's still a capitalist! ;)
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 08:33:18 AM »
LOL.  No...  I'd sell 'em.  Crusader's still a capitalist! ;)

Rent them, give them a bit of gilding and an engraved date and title and sell them on eBay as commemeratives of the event.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
Rent them, give them a bit of gilding and an engraved date and title and sell them on eBay as commemeratives of the event.

We have a winner!!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
Wahetever's on sale. Levi's, Wrangler's, Lee, Sam's Club Makers Mark. They're all made in the same sweat shop. I just don't drop more than $15-$20 a pair on on jeans.
FQ13

I was unaware of the Levi's leftist leanings.  The Wally World has 'em cheap.  So count me with FQ...
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:10:06 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 08:21:15 PM »
Gave up Levi's years ago.......

Now it's Cabelas duck canvas.....$15 a pair when they are on sale.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 07:11:19 AM »
Wahetever's on sale. Levi's, Wrangler's, Lee, Sam's Club Makers Mark. They're all made in the same sweat shop. I just don't drop more than $15-$20 a pair on on jeans.
FQ13

I was unaware of the Levi's leftist leanings.  The Wally World has 'em cheap.  So count me with FQ...

See, this is part of the problem. Levi Strauss sold out their American employees, according to FQ they make their clothes in some sweatshop, and as long as they are cheap, no big deal, right? And the company screws with our rights? Oh well . . .

This is probably among the Top 10 or maybe even Top 5 reasons the USA is in serious trouble right now - screw everything so long as I  get a deal. Like FQ demonstrates with appalling regularity here, when you don't stand for anything you will fall for everything. Or in this case, just fall.

Seriously, get a clue. When a company violates you, do not just say - well, at least I got a deal. Sort of the equivalent of saying - well, at least he used clean Vaseline. Shop smart, get deals, use coupons, do whatever. But to say that you're am willing to sacrifice liberty in order to get a deal financially, well, that's just wrong.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
See, this is part of the problem. Levi Strauss sold out their American employees, according to FQ they make their clothes in some sweatshop, and as long as they are cheap, no big deal, right? And the company screws with our rights? Oh well . . .

This is probably among the Top 10 or maybe even Top 5 reasons the USA is in serious trouble right now - screw everything so long as I  get a deal. Like FQ demonstrates with appalling regularity here, when you don't stand for anything you will fall for everything. Or in this case, just fall.

Seriously, get a clue. When a company violates you, do not just say - well, at least I got a deal. Sort of the equivalent of saying - well, at least he used clean Vaseline. Shop smart, get deals, use coupons, do whatever. But to say that you're am willing to sacrifice liberty in order to get a deal financially, well, that's just wrong.

Path
To quote Tom,
Hang it in your ass. You find me a politically correct American firm and I will buy from them. Otherwise, what I see are a bunch of companies selling me the same "made in a Chinese prison camp" crap, the only diference being the price based on whose name is on the labels. If you have a constructive suggestion to make, do so. I will cheerfully pay extra to buy made in the USA.. Otherwise, your holier than thou act is wearing thin.
FQ13 who is rarely this direct ,but grows tired of having his patriotism and morality questioned because my politics don't jibe with yours.

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 09:49:44 AM »
When I lived in Roswell, on of the major employers was the Levi's plant. It wasn't a very large facility but it employed hundreds of people. When they downsized it did a lot of damage. I don't think they closed the facility completely but still. I think every American company has the right to do business as they feel they need to. If that means outsourcing to some third world hell whole fine. But I AS AN AMERICAN have the right to not put money in their pockets. Their are plenty of American made companies I stick to for clothing. And instead of giving money by proxy to BRADY I will give money to Cabelas, especially since their guaranteed for life or Old Navy or some of the other off brands I find at Walmart or Target. Most of which are small operations that keep their nose out of the political sector.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 12:05:41 PM »
FQ, 2 things about your post, First, "Hang it in yer ass" is from M'ette, not me.
Second, it's not your Patriotism or your morality we question, just your sanity judgment.

I have to go along with G4 here, it may be darn near impossible to find or afford clothes NOT made in Chinese sweat shop, but at least you can buy brands that DON"T meddle in PC Politics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk