Author Topic: Hey Quaker - What do you have against the Tea Party?  (Read 10982 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hey Quaker - What do you have against the Tea Party?
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 10:49:46 AM »
Short answer. Mostly a matter of style. I also tend to be more moderate. I'm not out calling them racists or anything. I disgree on some issues. The 2A and immigration excepted. On the whole I think it can be useful, I just wouldn't consider my self a member.
FQ13

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »
To be honest I'm not fond of the Tea Party either.  I was there April fifteenth 2009, before the 'Tea Party' was a prospective political party, and I've been so disappointed with the direction the whole thing's gone.  What was a an actual movement for some measure of true freedom and liberty has just been turned into a rebirth of the Republican party.  Same Washington folks that we hated a year ago a now telling us that things are going to be different...and for some reason people are buying into it.  To many people see an opportunity to gain power through our frustration and they just tell you all what you want to hear.

Now that I'm older and all I don't want to tell folks how to live; the environment, guns, queer folk, financial stuff, Wall Street, drugs, taxes, religion, I just want to let people be to their own business and be left to mine.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 02:07:30 PM »
To be honest I'm not fond of the Tea Party either.  I was there April fifteenth 2009, before the 'Tea Party' was a prospective political party, and I've been so disappointed with the direction the whole thing's gone.  What was a an actual movement for some measure of true freedom and liberty has just been turned into a rebirth of the Republican party.  Same Washington folks that we hated a year ago a now telling us that things are going to be different...and for some reason people are buying into it.  To many people see an opportunity to gain power through our frustration and they just tell you all what you want to hear.

Now that I'm older and all I don't want to tell folks how to live; the environment, guns, queer folk, financial stuff, Wall Street, drugs, taxes, religion, I just want to let people be to their own business and be left to mine.

Nice sentiment, one that I share. The only problem with the so-called "libertarian" approach is that with statists their business is to eff with us and take away out business - and our liberties, freedoms and rights. They will not leave you alone.

So you're left with 2 options - fight 'em, or retreat to the hills and hunker/bunker down. Neither is very palatable to the mass of sheep in this country, so they bleat and move on with whoever is promising to eff them over the least.

I've recounted how the ND Pubbies have floated 2 miserable candidates for Federal office - almost like thumbing their noses at the populace. But then, that's the same populace that has an overwhelmingly Pubbie state gummint, but has the likes of Conrad, Dorgan and Pomeray - all Dims - in Fed service at the moment.

The Tea Party is only the tip of the iceberg, and those of us who care, need to ensure that the outrage and frustration are fed and worked into real national action.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 02:22:31 PM »
But the outrage and frustration, that I too share, I don't feel is being turned into action, not through the Tea Party, not anymore.  I've continually gotten the picture that Republicans pander to the the anger to score a few more votes.  We need to make sure that we don't get taken off track by a few passionate speeches by people that don't share our motives.  We need a set of goals and list out how we're going to achieve them.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 02:33:01 AM »
All I hear from the Tea Party is generalized complaints,Illegal Immigration, high taxes, and the Healthcare insult, top the list followed by 2A.
I don't hear any specific suggestions other than "deport all the Mexicans" ( I just read 2 articles in a different thread about Mexican cops busting hundreds fro countries south of them. ) in fact I have said it myself, citing Ike's "Operation Wetback".
Who does the actual rounding up ?
What about "Anchor babies ?
Most importantly how is it funded ?
My comments about rope etc. may be viewed as extreme but at least they are constructive.
I hear a lot of complaining, but no one is standing up to say "Here's what we do, we take all drug enforcement officers in the US to aid the Immigration cops  (ICE ?) who will handle administration as well as funding through seized assets, and massive fines to employers who would face Federal conspiracy charges.
Extra funding could be acquired by seizing the US bank accounts of all illegals, the IRS does this all the time."

I'm not hearing positive suggestions, just "they" need to do "something".

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:23:53 PM »

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »
The problem as I see it with the TEA Party movement is, as has been mentioned earlier, that it's been infiltrated by Republicans who are desperately trying to keep their jobs.  These people are politicians, after all.  Their job description is "tell people what they want to hear to get their vote, then do whatever the hell is in your personal best interest afterward".  This country has WAY too many politicians and no statesmen anymore.  Instead of just pissing and moaning, if any meaningful change is going to be seen, we must not only point out the problems, but also the solutions, and only support those who pledge to implement those solutions.  Then, once they're elected, we need to hold their feet to the fire to keep their word.  Let them know, in no uncertain terms, that if they lie to us, or fail to keep their pledge to us, they're out of there.  And not only will they be unemployed, but they may well find themselves tarred, feathered, and riding a rail.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »
The problem as I see it with the TEA Party movement is, as has been mentioned earlier, that it's been infiltrated by Republicans who are desperately trying to keep their jobs. 

Thats right, it has. Those damn RINOs think that the Tea Party is on their side, and that they are a mandate for more of the Republican Party-INO. Those fools dont realize that the Tea Party has come to the forefront because of the RINOs and that they would like nothing more then to VOTE THE BUMS OUT!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 10:46:06 AM »
Thats right, it has. Those damn RINOs think that the Tea Party is on their side, and that they are a mandate for more of the Republican Party-INO. Those fools dont realize that the Tea Party has come to the forefront because of the RINOs and that they would like nothing more then to VOTE THE BUMS OUT!

But they'll do everything in their power to make the TEA Party people THINK they're not the RINO's that they are.  Sadly, I think many people in the TEA Party movement believe them, maybe just because they want so badly to be able to believe in SOMEBODY in Washington.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 11:17:46 AM »
And the conservative Republicans are any better? Since when did W., McConnell and Boehner become Rhinos? The day after Pelosi became a Blue Dog? These are the folks that were incharge when this mess started to gain critical mass. Now they're saying, if it only weren't for the MaCains and Crist's we'd be better off? Sorry, not buying it.  Too many Tea Partiers are.
FQ13 who thinks we don't have an idology problem, we have an arrogant self-serving incumbent problem

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »
If we're ever going to get clean, we need to throw out this disgusting dirty bath water, and stop scrubbing down with mud.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk