Author Topic: Hey Quaker - What do you have against the Tea Party?  (Read 10981 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hey Quaker - What do you have against the Tea Party?
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »
But idealy I want the man at the top to be a conservative and then the dems to have congress..... The power of those appointments (supreme court and all others) can shape this country in an unaccountable way. Lets not forget that Obama himself said the way he would bring about his fundemental change would be through the courts.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
But idealy I want the man at the top to be a conservative and then the dems to have congress..... The power of those appointments (supreme court and all others) can shape this country in an unaccountable way. Lets not forget that Obama himself said the way he would bring about his fundemental change would be through the courts.
Yeah, but how well does that work out? Nixon thought Earl Warren (the guy who intered the Japanese) would be a rock ribbed conservative. The pro-choice movement got its panties in a twist over Souter. Breyer is getting more right wing on law and order by the day. A president can make a difference on the Court. Just not always the difference they wanted. It all comes out in the wash over the long haul as Bill has said. Foreign policy is really the only area where the President can do what he wants.
FQ13

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »
Two words: Judge Soto

Yikes!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
It's a bit like having put up with too much of your kid. In frustration you tell him, "Here, take daddy's 9 MM and go outside and play."   Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk